Friday, May 30, 2014

Feature and Follow Friday #28

A weekly meme hosted by Alison Can Read & Parajunkee's View 

 How it Works: 

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you visit the blogs of our illustrious hosts and leave your name on the post using using the linky tools, then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!

What sets this Hop apart from others, is our Feature. Each week we will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Find out below. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow our Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy. How do you follow someone? Well, if you have a preference, state it in your #FF post. A lot of blogs are transitioning to Wordpress in which they do not have the luxury of GFC, so an RSS subscription is appreciated or if you choose an email subscription. If you don't have GFC please state in your post how you would like to be followed.

This Week's Question:

How important is good writing to you? In an ideal world, a book would be beautifully written AND have great character development plot, etc. But in the real world, which do you prefer: (1) Great characters and plot with lousy writing or (2) Middling character development and plot but gorgeous writing

This Week's Answer:

Wow! What a tough question! You really ask the hard-hitting questions ladies!

I would say for me I would rather have a great plot and character development over excellent writing. I was going to say the other way around but then I remembered an ARC I read awhile ago for Three Princes. The writing was amazing, poetic and detailed but there was almost no plot and no character development at all and I hated it. For me lackluster writing can be redeemed by a great story and characters.

How about you? Do you prefer a thrilling plot or gorgeous writing? Leave me a comment with your thoughts.

And remember this is a blog hop so take a look around and if you like what you see give me a follow and leave me a comment so I can follow back. I am indifferent to the manner in which you follow so pick your poison: GFC, Bloglovin, or Twitter. Thanks for dropping by, Happy FF and HAPPY READING!

And if you are going to BEA this week this week and we have not yet had the pleasure to meet, I hope I will see you there! Say HI if you see me in line, wandering the Javits, or at the Blogger picnic! Check out my getting to know you post so that we can recognize each other.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Yeah I went with characters, etc over writing quality. If I can't enjoy the characters and the story, then the writing quality won't matter one wit!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete