Monday, June 2, 2014

May Wrap Up and June TBR

Read in May 

In May I decided to try something new for me and not have a theme, just read whatever and not plan it out too much. That didn't really work out for me. It was hard to decide what to read next and I like the structure and ability to plan my reading more. I feel like not having any urgency made me less willing to stick to deadlines and left me with the month over and three reviews still to do Here are the ten books I read. 

1.) The Unwitting by Ellen Feldman Rating: 8 out of 10 Full Review 
2.) Sekret by Lindsay Smith Rating: 9.5 out of 10 Full Review 
3.) We Were Liars by E. Lockhart 
Rating: 9.5 out of 10 Full Review 
4.) Second Star by Alyssa Sheinmel 
Rating: 6 out of 10 Full Review 
5.) Don’t Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
Rating: 9 out of 10 Full Review 
6.) The Falconer by Elizabeth May 
Rating: 9.5 out of 10 Full Review 
7.) Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier 
Rating: 8.5 out of 10 Full Review 
8.) Open Road Summer by Emery Lord 
Rating: 8.5 out of 10 Full Review to Come 
9.) The Scorch Trials and The Death Cure by James Dashner 
Rating: 9 out of 10 Full Review to Come 

To Read in June - Retellings 

So after a month of not doing a theme I’m going right back to it. So this month I have decided to do retellings. I have a few ARCs that fit the theme and there are a few books I have been holding on to that fit the theme (some don’t fit though).

ARCs to Read – From Netgalley 


1.) Hexed by Michelle KrysAdd to Goodreads 
This one doesn’t fit the theme but I have an eARC Bring it On meets The Craft sounds like something I would love! 
2.) The Quick by Lauren Owen Add to Goodreads 
This doesn’t fit either, it’s an adult Historical Fantasy but it sounds pretty good.

Books that Fit the Theme  



3.) Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige- Add to Goodreads 
Violet from Paper Worlds and Swirls of Ink and I had so much fun reading a book together last month we decided to do it again. I suggested this one because it seems like the kind of book I would want to chat about. 
4.) Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn AndersonAdd to Goodreads 
This is a retelling of Peter Pan about Tiger Lily narrated by Tinker Bell (I hope it’s better than the last Peter Pan retelling I read) and I have heard nothing but great things. 
5.) Bitter Greens by Kate Forsyth- Add to Goodreads 
I have been waiting for this book to be published in the US for years and at BEA I received an amazing surprise that St. Martin's Press was giving away ARCs because they are doing just that. It is an adult retelling of Rapunzel. 
6.) Egg and Spoon by Gregory Maguire- Add to Goodreads 
This one I also got from BEA. It is a Historical Fantasy set during Imperial Russia incorporating the folktale of the witch Baba Yaga. 
7.) Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo - Add to Goodreads
Okay it’s a stretch but incorporates folktales including the firebird in this book and it comes out in a few weeks and I NEED to find out what happens. 

The Classic 

8.) The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum - Add to Goodreads
Okay, it’s not a retelling but I’m reading a retelling of the book so I figure I’ll read the original. What is a classic retelling anyway?



That’s my plan. Stop back by this month for the reviews of all of them. What are you reading in June? Have you read any of these books? What did you thinks? Leave me a comment with your thoughts and HAPPY READING!

No comments:

Post a Comment