Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Fictional Thanksgivings I Want To Attend

A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish 

The Families

1.) The Weasleys from the Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
Obvious choice. Who wouldn't want to spend every holiday with the Weasleys. I mean for one thing you would get Mrs. Weasley's delicious cooking and a knit sweater, but you could also spend hours discussing rubber ducks with Mr. Weasley and planning pranks on Percy with the twins.

2.) The Marchs from little Women by Louisa May Alcott
I just adore the March family. They know how to have a good time. Maybe we would have a delicious home-cooked meal or maybe we would work at a soup kitchen. Either way there would be lots of laughs, Beth would play the piano, and we would preform a play Jo wrote.

3.) The Plums from the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich
Dinners at the Plum household are never dull. Not with Grandma Mazur around. The family is so ridiculous it would be so entertaining to attend a holiday there to watch all the hijinx unfold. Also maybe Lula will be there and it will be all the more ridiculous!

4.) The Starks from A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin
Maybe because then they could finally all get back together. (*weeps*). I have so much love for the Stark family and find each member so interesting. Think about the feast at Winterfell in book one and imagine that is your Thanksgiving. But maybe I would wear some chain mail.

Friendsgivings

5.) The Sisterhood from The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares
Ignore the final book in this series because it's stupid and I don't like certain things about it, mostly that they didn't stay in touch. I think they would get together at least once a year. Maybe for a Friendsgiving. I'd like to be there for it.

6.) Team Aelin from The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas
Imagine the crew in Queen of Shadows getting together for a big Thanksgiving feast. You would want to be there for it wouldn't you? I know I would. There would be so much needling and joking. It would be amazing.

7.) The Rampion Crew from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
I feel like this series has some serious squad goals, Cinder's crew is just so amazing. I'd love to be a part of the crew so maybe I can settle for attending a Friendsgiving with them all. But like everyone has to be there, especially Iko.

8.) The Raven Boys from The Raven Cycle by Maggie Steifvater
Maybe Blue would cook. Or maybe Gansey would pay for us to all go to a fancy restaurant. I don't care, I just want to be in a room with Blue and the boys. I would pay particular interest to Ronan and Adam.

9.) The Reckoners from The Reckoners trilogy by Brandon Sanderson
I'll probably wait with baited breathe for David to make a really terrible metaphor and for Megan to give him crap about. In general though, I just think this crew is just so fun to hang out with all of these guys. Prof, Abraham, and Cody in addition to David and Megan.

10.) The Crew of The Black Betty from The Darkest Minds trilogy by Alexandra Bracken
But specifically the one from the last book. They're such a fun group, especially the characters that come in (back) during the final book. Plus Chubs and Vida together in that book are my absolute favorite.

Those are the Thanksgivings I would want to attend? How about you? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

7 comments:

  1. Yes!!! I would love to have Thanksgiving with the Weasley's! Fantastic list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Weasleys are one of my absolute favorite fictional families. I'd love to be part of that fun(ny) family! The Marches are pretty wonderful too. Such great sisterly love! Oh my gosh lady squad in Queen of Shadows slays all. I want one!! Awww team Black Betty all the way. I miss those characters so much. Great picks!

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Weasleys!!! Love that family!! And The Rampion Group was awesome as well!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. THE WEASLEYS! Number one, of all time, for absolutely sure. I'm sad to say I haven't read most of these *hides* but I'd second the Starks (assuming any of them are still alive to eat with) and Team Aelin (as long as I got to sit next to Dorian).

    C.J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have the Weasleys and the Marches on my list, too! I would add the Finches with Calpurnia and Boo Rarely added, and also the Murrays plus Calvin 0'Keefe from A Wrinkle in Time. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would definitely love to have dinner with the Weasleys and the Raven Gang!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/11/24/top-ten-tuesday-32/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spending Thanksgiving with the Weasley family would be tons of fun! AND THE RAVEN BOYS <3 And OF COURSE THE RAMPION CREW.

    ReplyDelete