Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco

A weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: Stalking Jack the Ripper
Author: Kerri Maniscalco
Published: September 20, 2016 by Jimmy Patterson (Little Brown)

Synopsis: Presented by James Patterson's new children's imprint, this deliciously creepy horror novel has a storyline inspired by the Ripper murders and an unexpected, blood-chilling conclusion... 

Seventeen-year-old Audrey Rose Wadsworth was born a lord's daughter, with a life of wealth and privilege stretched out before her. But between the social teas and silk dress fittings, she leads a forbidden secret life.

Against her stern father's wishes and society's expectations, Audrey often slips away to her uncle's laboratory to study the gruesome practice of forensic medicine. When her work on a string of savagely killed corpses drags Audrey into the investigation of a serial murderer, her search for answers brings her close to her own sheltered world.

The story's shocking twists and turns, augmented with real, sinister period photos, will make this dazzling debut from author Kerri Maniscalco impossible to forget.

Why I'm Waiting 

I could probably not be more excited about this book. It has been on my TBR for about a year now when I first heard about it back when it had a different name and was just a synopsis. It's a total me book. For one thing it is historical set during the Victorian era with a strong female protagonist who is subverting genre and society's expectations to be who she want to be not who they think she should be. Then on top of that you have the serial killer mystery elements and the fact that it has period photographs. Everything about this sounds creepy, complex, and captivating.

This has been one of my post anticipated debuts for the fall and I was so excited to get a copy at BEA and meet the author. Kerri was so sweet and it was great meeting here. Plus it means I got an advance copy of the book and can read it as part of ARC August which is super exciting.


What about you? What are you waiting for this Wednesday? Are you waiting on The Swan Riders along with me? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

4 comments:

  1. YESSSSS!! I cannot wait till August gets here and I start tackling and devouring this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one I'm getting for my daughter. Should be a good one. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds so very intriguing!!! Wishing I would've picked it up at BEA, but then again, I still have a good stack of those that I need to read as well! LOL!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this on another WoW recently and immediately added to my TBR! Great pick

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete