Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday: The Song Rising by Samantha Shannon

A weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: The Song Rising
Series: The Bone Season #3
Author: Samantha Shannon
Published: March 7, 2017 by Bloomsbury

Synopsis: The hotly anticipated third book in the bestselling Bone Season series – a ground-breaking, dystopian fantasy of extraordinary imagination

Following a bloody battle against foes on every side, Paige Mahoney has risen to the dangerous position of Underqueen, ruling over London's criminal population.

But, having turned her back on Jaxon Hall and with vengeful enemies still at large, the task of stabilising the fractured underworld has never seemed so challenging.

Little does Paige know that her reign may be cut short by the introduction of Senshield, a deadly technology that spells doom for the clairvoyant community and the world as they know it…

Why I'm Waiting:

This is another waiting on Wednesday that should not be a surprise if you have read any of my most anticipated books of 2017 posts or have been a follower for awhile. You probably then know that I am a huge fan of this series, particularly the most recent book in the series, The Mime Order, which came out about two years ago. I have been anticipating this book since then, since before then because I read an ARC at the end of 2015.

But if you didn't know, I am so in love with these books. I'm a huge fan of the science fantasy world that is created and the paranormal elements. There is a lot going on here and I love that about it. It's so complex and interesting. Not to mention the plot development. It's so thrilling and full of action. And these characters. I love Paige so much. And Jax. Oh man, Jaxon Hall is so fascinating and I need to know more about him. I need to know EVERYTHING about him.

But seriously guys, even if I wasn't a fan of this series I would have seriously would have needed this book in my life because of the way that The Mime Order ended. Samantha's cliffhangers are ridiculous and while the last one wasn't a total cliffhanger oh my god it was a crazy ending and I need to know what is going to happen next.

Not only do I have an e-ARC from Netgalley that I need to read but I have of course preordered a copy of this book because I am that excited to read it. I actually preordered the collectors edition because it matched the original covers (and I hate the redesigns) plus it's signed! Two weeks ago I said that A Conjuring of Light might be my most anticipated release of this year but this might beat it out just barely. I feel like I have been waiting so long for this book and I am so eager for it.


What about you? What are you waiting for this Wednesday? Are you waiting on The Song Rising along with me? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

1 comment:

  1. Nice!! I sadly couldn't get into this series when I tried. But glad to see you enjoyed it so much! Find it irritating when publishers want to change the cover with the last book. (It was the last one when they decided to change, right?) I think they do it just to drive us readers insane sometimes! LOL! But glad to hear there was a special edition copy that you were able to order so the covers will match! Yay matching!!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete