Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Standalones I Wish Had a Sequel

A weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl



1.) In Other Lands by Sarah Rees Brennan
I seriously cannot shut up about this book lately because it was sooo good. I listened to the audio and it is one of my all-time favorites now. And I know it was a serialized book to begin with but I just want more.

2.) Sadie by Courtney Summers
Typically with mysteries and thrillers, I like an uncertain ending and feel like a book would be ruined by learning too much but with this book I just want more. I have too many questions that didn't get answered.

3.) To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo
I'm going to be honest, I thought the author's new book was a sequel to this one so when I heard it was the start of a new duology I was a little bummed. I really liked this one and I kind of want more from this world and characters.

4.) Invictus by Ryan Graudin
This was such a fun book. It had a distinct ending which I definitely enjoyed but the characters were great and I could use some more of their time traveling/heist shenanigans.


5.) The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
The epilogue of this book was so mean! It just left me wanting a sequel. A book of the Natasha and Daniel all grown up. I want to see how their lives turned out.

6.) Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
WHAT DID THE LETTER SAY! It has been years since I read this book and I still periodically think of Eleanor and Park and wonder if they are okay and happily together FINALLY!

7.) I'll Meet You There by Heather Demitrios
This one of those standalones that is essentially about first love and people coming together whichI actually enjoyed. And because I enjoyed it, I want more of them together.


8.) The Scorpio Races by Maggie Steifvater
I mean, this is a perfect standalone and I love everything about this love story about a boy and his horse. That's what it's about, don't @ me! But I want another audiobook of Steve West and Fiona Hardingham reading Maggie's words.

9.) Dear Daughter by Elizabeth Little
This is an adult mystery/thriller that had the this crazy twist ending that just left me totally surprised and wanting a sequel. It totally shifted everything I thought about the first book and so I was left wanting the next book to get some closure.

10.) The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
The Historian is one of my all-time favorite books which is probably why I want a sequel. I tried reading Kostova's most recent read but I couldn't get into it. I think because I wanted it to be a sequel of The Historian and it wasn't

Honorable Mention aka books getting sequels but like WHEN!


Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
I loved Ready Player One and I so excited to hear that Cline was writing a sequel. I don't know where the series can go but I am excited to find out.

The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker
I instantly added this book to my TBR when I learned about it two years ago but it still hasn't come out. I feel like the publishing date has been pushed back twice already and I WANT IT NOW!

There you have it, all the standalones I wish had sequels. What books made your list? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

1 comment:

  1. OOh nice! To Kill a Kingdom made my list too! I still need to read Scorpio Races though! I am so behind!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete