Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March Wrap Up and April TBR

Read in March

It was very hit or miss month for me. I read some fantastic books. Two 10 star reviews and one 9.5 stars, books that will probably make it onto my best of the year list. But I also read some real stinkers. I DNFed my first book since blogging and gave a book one of my lowest ratings yet. But I did finish 9 books (one that is part of my April list)

Nil by Lynne Matson Rating: 9.5 stars
The Lost Sisterhood by Anne Fortier Rating: 8 stars
Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy Rating: 7.5 stars
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell Rating: 10 stars
Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton Rating: 6 stars
These Broken Stars by Aime Kaufman and Meagan Spooner Rating: 10 stars
Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe Rating: DNF 
Beauty Queens by Libba Bray Rating: 8.5 stars
Daughter of Chaos by Jen McConnel Rating: 8 stars
(Full Review to Come)

To Read in April: Dystopia

For this month's theme I've decided to read books in the Dystopia genre. There is so much great dystopia out there and as much as I like it, I haven't read a lot of different books in the genre so this month I am taking the opportunity to read a bunch.

The Here and Now by Ann Brashares
Amazon Goodreads
I received an eARC from the publisher via Netgalley awhile back and actually read between other books in March. The book comes out in a week so I've been waiting to publish my review but I also wanted it to be part of dystopia month despite my inability to wait to read it. Stay tuned for the review later this week.


The Maze Runner by James Dashner
Amazon Goodreads
I have been wanting this series for awhile. I've heard it's action-packed and suspenseful which I totally love. When I noticed in another TTT that a lot of other bloggers hadn't read this series I decided to make it happen this month and host a readalong. So if this book is on your list you should join us the last weekend of the month! Leave me a comment that you're interested and stay tuned for more info!


The Darkest Minds and Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken
Amazon Goodreads       Amazon Goodreads
I have heard really good things about this series. I got a copy of The Darkest Minds awhile back when it was on sale for Kindle. So this month I am going to start this series. I'm about three-quarters of the way into The Darkest Minds and I really like it so far.



Taken by Erin Bowman Amazon Goodreads
Frozen by Erin Bowman Amazon Goodreads
I won a copy of Taken from Lynne Matson in December as part of the #NILtribe giveaway. The second book in the series, Frozen, comes out in a few weeks so I'm taking the opportunity to read both books this month. This is a series that seems to be flying under the radar a little bit with so much great dystopia and April releases so I'm excited to give it a try without a lot of hype surrounding it.



The Handmaids Tale by Margaret Atwood
Amazon Goodreads
This book has been in my TBR pile for the longest time and as I said in my TTT a few weeks ago Atwood is one of the authors I have wanted to read for awhile now. I have heard amazing things about this book so I'm choosing it to read as my "classic" for the month.

The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
Amazon Goodreads
I was immediately interested in reading this book when it first came out and I'm not sure what I've been waiting for. I think it's a little bit more Urban Fantasy but it's set in the future so I'm reading it as part of dystopia month and I'm pretty excited!

Veronica Mars: The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line by Rob Thomas and Jennifer Graham
Amazon Goodreads
I know this isn't dystopia but I was looking for a new audiobook this weekend and it is narrated by Kristen Bell so I couldn't help myself. I'm a HUGE VMars fan and I am so excited to continue with this series in a literary format, let's be real the best part of Veronica Mars is the writing!





What are you reading in April? Leave a comment and tell me your TBR. Have you read any of these books? What are your thoughts? Do you have a favorite Dystopian book? Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned for my reviews. HAPPY READING!

3 comments:

  1. LOVED The Darkest Minds - I haven't read the next book yet, but I need to get on that! And I have to read These Broken Stars too - this one's sitting on my shelf calling my name!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great month, hope April is as good! Also, enjoy The Maze Runner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO EXCITED for you to read The Handmaid's Tale. You might love it, you might hate it, but it will probably haunt you either way. (In a good way.)

    ReplyDelete