Saturday, July 29, 2017

Stacking the Shelves: July Haul

A weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews

This is going to be a small by mighty book haul. I did not get very many books this month. After ALA I have been very good about not buying books or requesting them from Netgalley or Edelweiss. That of course reflects in this month's book haul. I mean I didn't really even get any audiobooks. I've been hoarding my Audible credits so I can use them for rereads this fall. But I did get some super exciting books for review. Like two of my most anticipated reads of the year.
Bought


Every Last Lie by Mary Kubica - Add to Goodreads / My Review
The only book I bough this month was an audiobook so I could cancel my audiobooks.com membership. I'm glad I did because the audio for this was really good.

For Review


The Rattled Bones by S.M. Parker - Add to Goodreads
This is a total me book. New England harbor town and a main character who is haunted by ghostly visions from a mysterious island with a tainted history. I smell an atmospheric historical mystery. I started this yesterday and I am hopeful

Bonfire by Kristen Ritter - Add to Goodreads
I love a good mystery/thriller. Interestingly this one is giving me some Veronica Mars (the movie) vibes and it is written by an actress who was in Veronica Mars.

The One That Got Away by Melissa Pimental - Add to Goodreads
I really like Jane Austen retellings but I think Persuasion might be my favorite. You don't see them very often but that's exactly what this is.


The Sky is Yours by Chandler Klang Smith - Add to Goodreads
A dystopian future with a city plagued by dragons. You heard me right, a dystopia with dragons. I love science fantasies like this and this books sounds so freaking unique. I can't wait to read it

Artemis by Andy Weir Add to Goodreads
I really loved The Martian. I would read basically anything written by Andy Weir. On top of that this book sounds like a fantastic science fiction story with a badass female protagonist I would love.

The Dire King by William Ritter - Add to Goodreads
I saved the best for last! I lost my ability to even when I opened up my copy of this book. I am a huge fan of this series and I am super anxious to find out what happens in the final installment. I'm so grateful to Algonquin for sending me an advance copy.

Those are the books that I got so far in July. What books did you get? Are you excited for any of these? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

3 comments:

  1. I got The Dire King too! I love this series and I can't wait to read it! All your other books are new to me except for Artemis. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh not bad this month!! I feel like July was a pretty slow month for me as well. Got a book here and there...did a little too much happy go lucky shopping for a few other books and I got the first load of them this week as well! Lol! Happy Reading!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I really want to read Bonfire. It does sound good, and I like the actress that wrote it. Hope it's an enjoyable read! I'm trying not to request too much either with all my ALA books.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete