Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday: All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Steifvater


A weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: All the Crooked Saints
Author: Maggie Steifvater
Published: October 10, 2017 by Scholastic

Synopsis: Here is a thing everyone wants:
 A miracle. 

Here is a thing everyone fears:
What it takes to get one. 

Any visitor to Bicho Raro, Colorado is likely to find a landscape of dark saints, forbidden love, scientific dreams, miracle-mad owls, estranged affections, one or two orphans, and a sky full of watchful desert stars.

At the heart of this place you will find the Soria family, who all have the ability to perform unusual miracles. And at the heart of this family are three cousins longing to change its future: Beatriz, the girl without feelings, who wants only to be free to examine her thoughts; Daniel, the Saint of Bicho Raro, who performs miracles for everyone but himself; and Joaquin, who spends his nights running a renegade radio station under the name Diablo Diablo.

They are all looking for a miracle. But the miracles of Bicho Raro are never quite what you expect. 

Maggie Stiefvater has been called “a master storyteller” by USA Today and “wildly imaginative” by Entertainment Weekly. Now, with All the Crooked Saints, she gives us the extraordinary story of an extraordinary family, a masterful tale of love, fear, darkness, and redemption.

Why I'm Waiting:

I love me some Maggie Steifvater. She is an amazing writer and a really nice human being. I've met her multiple times and every time she has been super sweet and super funny. I haven't read all her books but all her books I have read I have loved. Basically I would read any of Maggie's books because she's fantastic.

But even if I didn't love the author I would still be super interested in this bool For one thing it has a magical realism vibe to it. I really love magical realism and they are the perfect reads for the fall in my opinion. They usually have a subtle magic and unique fantasy elements plus an atmospheric setting, and diverse and complex characters. That is everything that this book has.

Plus Maggie does those things really well. She is a master at developing atmospheric and complex worlds and settings that pull you in and capture your interest. Plus her books already have a subtle magic to them so they perfectly fitting for a magical realism kind of magical system. I am really interested to see her take on this kind of story. I think she'll do an amazing job with it.

I was really excited to get a copy of this at ALA and see Maggie again. I'm so excited to have my hands on it and I can't wait to read it.



What about you? What are you waiting for this Wednesday? Are you waiting on All the Crooked Saints along with me? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

3 comments:

  1. I'm still debating about this one myself. I couldn't get into her Raven Boys series but I loved her Shiver series. So I might wait for reviews on this one! Hope you love it! Look forward to reading your review too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't actually read a book by this author before that I've really enjoyed. To be fair, I've only read two books by her so I'm definitely not giving up on her books. Maybe this book will be the one I'll love?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not read anything by this author in a long time! I read her book Shiver but never finished the series. I really want to binge-read her Raven Cycle series. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week. =)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete