Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Worlds I Want to Visit but Am a Little Scared.

A weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl



1.) The Moors from Down Among the Sticks and Bones by Seanan McGuire
I mean this is a really cool world that is based on like Gothic literature and it sounds so cool and fascinating, minus the whole vampires and mad scientist things.

2.) Orisha in Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
I just finished this series and the world is totally fascinating and interesting. I'd love to check it out except there is that whole thing about how they oppress anyone who is magical.

3.) New Fiddleham in the Jackaby series by William Ritter
I absolutely love this series. It is one of my all-time favorite historical fantasies. I'd love to New Fiddelham and see Jackaby's, I mean Jenny's, house on Auger Lane. Well except I don't like all the murderous magical creature

4.) Tu Reviens in Jane Unlimited by Kristen Cashore
I don't really want to give away why I like this place so much so instead I will just say that it is a totally cool house that I want to visit.


5.) The Witchlands in The Witchlands series by Susan Dennard
Another really cool world with fascinating elemental magic. Does part of me want to go there to see if I can do the magic? Yes. Am I scared because of that very reason? Yes.

6.) Thisby in The Scorpio Races by Maggie Steifvater
I have three words for you... FLESH EATING HORSES! That is cool and scary right there. But also I kind of want to meet Sean Kendrick, especially if he has Steve West's voice.

7.) Newcago in The Reckoners series by Brandon Sanderson
I love this series. It's a cool world with superheroes. I mean the superheroes are villains and the powers basically make you go crazy with power but like also POWERS! Yeah, I should not get superpowers.


8.) Lyra’s Oxford in the His Dark Materials series by Phillip Pullman
This is one of my all-time favorite series and I would love to go to see what my daemon is. But probably it would be something disappointing like a rat (shout out to my patronus). Plus there is the whole religious order oppressing people.

9.) Shadyside in the Fear Street series by R.L. Stine
Would I like to go to Dalby's, the old abandoned old abandoned mill, and the burned out Fear mansion? Yes. Am I worried about the whole cursed street thing? Also, yes.

10.) Artemisia in The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyers
This is a crazy beautiful colony on the moon. If possible I would like to visit after the events of The Lunar Chronicles and not while Queen Levana was reeking havoc.

There you have it, my list of worlds I would like to visit but am kind of scared to go to. There are some really cool worlds that are also pretty terrifying.  You can find more of my thoughts about cool worlds in this post about ones I want to visit and this one about ones I don't want to visit. What worlds made your list? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh nice picks!! Lunar Chronicles almost made my list but then it was remembering Levana that I thought...maybe not! Lol!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete