Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday: A Room Away from the Wolves by Nova Ren Suma


A weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: A Room Away from the Wolves
Written by: Nova Ren Suma
Published: September 4, 2018 by Algonquin Young Readers

Synopsis: Bina has never forgotten the time she and her mother ran away from home. Her mother promised they would hitchhike to the city to escape Bina’s cruel father and start over. But before they could even leave town, Bina had a new stepfather and two new stepsisters, and a humming sense of betrayal pulling apart the bond with her mother—a bond Bina thought was unbreakable. 

Eight years later, after too many lies and with trouble on her heels, Bina finds herself on the side of the road again, the city of her dreams calling for her. She has an old suitcase, a fresh black eye, and a room waiting for her at Catherine House, a young women’s residence in Greenwich Village with a tragic history, a vow of confidentiality, and dark, magical secrets. There, Bina is drawn to her enigmatic downstairs neighbor Monet, a girl who is equal parts intriguing and dangerous. As Bina’s lease begins to run out, and nightmare and memory get tangled, she will be forced to face the terrible truth of why she’s come to Catherine House and what it will take for her to leave...
 
Why I'm Waiting:

I have only read one Nova Ren Suma book but it freaking blew my mind. I have been wanting to read more of her books since then. I mean she wrote a totally fantastic thriller with an ending that had me totally reeling after finishing. And like three years later I think I'm still not entirely sure what happened. This is not a common occurrence for me so I'm always trying to recreate that feeling.

But even if I wasn't super pumped to read more books by this author, I would probably want to read this book because that synopsis sounds amazing! I am such a sucker for books that mention houses with dark secrets and mysterious pasts. I love thinking about what may have happened in the old Victorian house I live in so I love thinking about that for other houses. I can't wait to read it!

I am definitely going to be picking up a copy of this book. I was rejected on Netgalley which was a total bummer but I am hoping that there will be copies at ALA. But either way I am planning to get my hands on this book because it sounds so fantastic and I definitely need to read it.


What about you? What are you waiting for this Wednesday? Are you waiting on A Room Away from the Wolves along with me? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh dark, magical secrets... that sounds really intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds intriguing! Hope you thoroughly enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete