Monday, July 2, 2018

June Wrap Up and July TBR

Read in June:

Thanks to a last minute push on Saturday I ended up reading 10 books this month, which is pretty good for me. Managing to read this many books in a month when I was travelling a lot is a pretty big accomplishment and will put me back on track if I manage to do this every month from now on. But I may also have cured myself of my reading slump thanks to my decision to read one of my ALA books which I was super excited about.

For challenges, this year I'm low key doing challenges. I set a Goodreads goal of reading 120 books in a year. I am a little behind on this one with 58 books total for the year. But I'm not worried. If I can maintain 10 a month then maybe I will have some better months and be back on track. For the rest of the challenges I only low key set them. I want to read 20 debuts this year. I didn't read any this month so I'm still at 8 total for the year which is behind schedule but I will probably make that up in the fall. I want to read 36 books from Netgalley and Edelweiss and I read 3 this month which brings my total up to 12 for the year. I haven't really been reading e-books lately so I am very behind on this one so I'll probably need to lower it to 24. I also want to read 20 backlist books. This month I read 1 which brings my total to 11 for the year so I'm doing well on that.

The Books
1.) Now I Rise by Kiersten White Rating: 9.5 out of 10 [My Review]
2.) LIFEL1K3 by Jay Kristoff Rating: 9.5 out of 10 [My Review]
3.) Save the Date by Morgan Matson  Rating: 9 out of 10 [My Review]
4.)  The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton Rating: 9.5 out of 10 [My Review]
5.) Runaways Vol 1: Find Your Way Home by Rainbow Rowell
and Kris Anka Rating: 9.5 out of 10
6.) Rat Queens Vol. 4: High Fantasies by Kurtis J. Weibe and 
Owen Gieni Rating: 9 out of 10
7.) Providence by Caroline Kepnes  Rating: 9 out of 10 [My Review]
8.) Escaping from Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco Rating: 9 out of 10
[Review Closer to Release Date]
9.) Smoke in the Sun by Renee Ahdieh Rating: 8.5 out of 10  [Review to Come]
10.) Final Draft by Rilet Redgate Rating: 8 out of 10 stars [Review to Come]

To Be Read in July: 

My goal was to read 12 books again in July. It's is on the higher end of reading for me but I want to try and get back on track. I think that it's doable but hopefully I'll at least get 10. I want to keep on track for my goal of reading 120 books in the year and that will make sure I maintain that.

Books for Review

Smoke and Iron by Rachel Caine  - Add to Goodreads
I am a huge fan of this series. They're such amazing and creative books. I can't wait to read the next book in the series and find out what happens next. 

Heroine's Journey by Sarah Kuhn - Add to Goodreads
Another series that I love and can't wait to find out what happens next. I love reading these books every summer. They're such a fun reads.

Bright We Burn by Kiersten   - Add to Goodreads
I only just caught up with this series. But I really liked Now I Rise and I can't wait to read the final book. I got a copy at ALA and I'm hoping to start it soon.t

Hullmetal Girls by Emily Skrutskie - Add to Goodreads
I love Emily's first series and I am super excited to read this book as well. It sounds like another unique and engaging Sci-Fi read.



Campfire by Shawn Serles - Add to Goodreads
This book sounds like a perfect summer read and I am very excited to read. I picked a copy up at ALA and I'm hoping to read it soon.

Grace and Fury by Tracy Banghart - Add to Goodreads
I got this book from Netgalley and it looks really good. I think it's a historical fantasy. Or it's a high fantasy that only looks historical. Either way I want to read it.

The Darkest Legacy by Alexandra Bracken - Add to Goodreads
The Darkest Minds is one of my favorite series and is my favorite dystopia so you know that I am excited for this new book. Plus it's Zu. ZU, YOU GUYS!

New Releases


The Cheerleaders by Kara Thomas - Add to Goodreads
I really enjoyed Kara's other mysteries and this one sounds really good. I thought a got a copy of this from Netgalley but I went to download it and my request is still pending. I wish I had picked a copy up at ALA.

Competence by Gail Carriger - Add to Goodreads
I love Gail Carriger and I love the Custard Protocol so much. Plus this book is from Prim's perspective so I am all the more excited to read it.

Backlist Books


Through the Dark by Alexandra Bracken - Add to Goodreads
I still haven't read this collection of novellas and I feel like I definitely need to do it before I read The Darkest Legacy and before the TDM movie comes out.


Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma Add to Goodreads
I loved the first Nova book that I read and I am excited to read her new book but I want to read this one as well.

There you have it. Some of the books I hope to read in July. As always, these are subject to change. I may read all of these or I may only read a few and then read a bunch of different ones. But honestly I think this list I can stick to. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

3 comments:

  1. pretty good 10 books if you let me have a say

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with reading 10 a month. I’m behind on all my challenges, so I have to read 12 this month. It’s not going to be easy. Have a good July!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to get my hands on Bright We Burn. Really curious to see how the trilogy will end. I hope it'll be bloody. lol

    ReplyDelete