Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Books with Sensory Memory

A weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl

This is such a hard category. For one thing I am notorious for not remembering what happens in a book after finishing it so how am I supposed to have a sense memory. But I ended up finding a few that make me think of a particular thing about when I read it.


1.) Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
I read this book about seven years ago when I moved into a new apartment. That in and of itself isn't the sense memory but I vividly remember reading it on a mattress of the floor because I was too lazy to put my bed together the first night.

2.) The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
The memory this book gives me is sitting on an airplane reading it. I remember that in fact because it was when I was flying to Europe to study abroad and I left the book in the pocket of the seat on the airplane. Then 10 years later I found the exact copy at a used bookstore to replace it.

3.) The Lost World by Michael Crichton
I remember sitting in the back seat of my parents' minivan and reading this book. We were on our way to pick up our new puppy when I was in middle school. This book always makes me think of that.

4.) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
I read most of these books while sitting on a train, well listened to the audiobooks. So these books always make me think about being on the train and awkwardly laughing.


5.) Rumors by Anna Godbersen 
I bought this book when I was traveling for work and I saw this at a Border's closeout sale.So now every time I look at this book I think about that trip to Baltimore and also Borders, may it rest in peace,

6.) Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
I absolutely adore Little Women. It is one of my all-time favorite books. I had read it a few times and then I started canvassing in Massachusetts and went to Concord and saw Orchard house where Alcott grew up. Now I think of that when I see this book.

7.) The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter holds a special place in my heart because I was reading books during very pivotal moments in my life. Goblet of Fire during my cousin's funeral, Order of the Phoenix on my high school graduation, Half-Blood Prince when I was Italy, and The Deathly Hollows before I first moved to Providence.

8.) Bygone Badass Broads by Mackenzie Lee 
This book will always make me think of the fact that I drove in a bomb cyclone up to Boston to attend Mackenzi's signing in Boston. That was not a fun drive but I met Mackenzi and that was worth it.

What books made your list? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

1 comment:

  1. Oh nice! My books were pretty much books I read throughout the school years! I always said that I needed to be reading one of my own books, no matter how many other books were assigned to me, in order to stay sane! Lol! So with my picks I was able to remember what grade I was in...roughly.

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete