Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated Books of the First Half of 2019

A weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl



1.) The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi - January 15th by Wednesday Books
This is one of the Cassiest books to ever exist. I've been wanting books set in gilded age Paris for years and an author I love writing one that is also a fantasy heist novel. GIMME!

2.) King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo - January 29th by Imprint
I am a huge fan of Leigh Bardugo and the Grishaverse. But seriously, a duology about Nikolai. I have been wanting to read this since the second I learned it was coming out.

3.) Bloodwitch by Susan Dennard - February 12th by Tor
The Witchland series is really fantastic and I am super excited for the next book in the series. I shuld probably do a reread because it's been awhile and I know Susan is going t have some big surprises for us.

4.) Spectacle by Jodi Lynn Zdrok - February 12th by Tor
ANOTHER BOOK ABOUT GILDED AGE PARIS! And this one is a YA murder mystery. I mean come on! Someone has been reading my dream journal.


5.) Four Dead Queens by Astrid Scholte - February 26th by Putnam
A YA fantasy with strong political intrigue. I am always on board for that kind of book and this one sounds really good.

6.) Children of Virtue of Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi - March 5th by Henry Holt and Co
Children of Blood and Bone was one of my favorite books of last year and I am super excited for the sequel. I am super excited to find out what happens next.

7.) The Everlasting Rose by Dhonielle Clayton - March 5th by Freeform
The Belles totally blew me away and that ending was such a surprise. I am super pumped for the next book in the series and I am sure there are more surprises in store.

8.) The Devouring Gray by Christine Lynn Herman - April 2nd
This book is a fantasy thriller ala Stranger Things set in Upstate New York which is where I grew up. I am super excited for this one because of that and I know it's going to be dark and full of mystery.


9.) Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan - April 2nd by Wednesday Books
I love a YA fantasy inspired by Russian culture and folklore and that is what this book is. I am also assuming that it is going to be a dark fantasy and I am a fan of that.

10.) The Raven's Tale by Cat Winters - April 16th by Amulet Books
Cat WInters is writing a book inspired by Edgar Allen Poe and I am already on my way to the bookstore to buy a copy. No but seriously, this book sounds amazing.

11.) Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff - May 7th by Knopf Books for Young Readers
I love me some Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. Together or apart they are both great writers and write amazing science fiction novels. I am super pumped for their next series together.

12.) We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal - May 14th by Farrar, Straus, and Giroux
I have been wanted to read this book for ages. I remember when Hafsah was writing it. I saw her talking about it on her Twitter and I am so happy that it is finally coming out!

There you have it, my most anticipated books for the first half of this year. Some really amazing books, including debuts, sequels, and new series from favorite authors. It's going to be a great year for books. What books made your list? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

3 comments:

  1. OOoh nice!! Seeing several favorites that I can't wait to read either like Aurora Rising, The Devouring Gray, possibly Wicked Saints, King of Scars, Bloodwitch, and Spectacle!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. King of Scars and Aurora Rising made my list too. A great many others almost made my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Aurora Rising on my list as well... though I think I need to add several of these too!

    ReplyDelete