Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: New to Me Authors

A weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl



1.) Beth Revis
I had been wanting to read the Across the Universe series and I even think I bought the first book from Book Outlet. But my first Beth Revis book was Give the Dark My Love which I really enjoyed.

2.) Courtney Summers
Don't tell my friend Michelle that my first Courtney Summers book was Sadie which I read this fall. Courtney is her favorite author. But I loved Sadie so maybe I should read more of her books. Michelle would like that.

3.) Marisha Pessl
Night Film had been on my list for awhile but I haven't read it (yet). I did however read Neverworld Wake and loved it. It was a fantastic mystery with fantasy elements and it makes me want to read Night Film even more.


4.) Martha Brockenborough
The Game of Love and Death had been on my list for awhile but I never read it until this year. And it was a really fantastic read, a great dark historical fantasy.

5.) Stephanie Oakes
The Arsonist is such a me book. A historical mystery about a book and set during the fall of the Berlin Wall. And it did not disappoint. I'm glad I read it (special thanks to Michelle for letting me borrow it), and want to read more of her books.

6.) Dhonielle Clayton
The Belles was one of my favorite books of the year and I am so glad it loved up to the hype. I had wanted to read Tiny Pretty Things and now I kind of want to read it more.


7.) Alex London
At ALA this year I picked up a copy of Black Wings Beating but I wasn't entirely sure when I would read it. But I read it last month and it was amazing and so enthralling. It makes me want to read more of Alex's books.

8.) Nathalie C. Parker 



I loved Seafire and think it is one of the most underrated books of the year. But this was my first Nathalie C. Parker book even though I think she is friends with some authors that I do love. 

9.) Seanan McGuire
In January I marathoned the Wayward Children series and really loved it. Most of McGuire's books aren't really my kind of read but this series is amazing and I am glad I read it.

There you have it. all the authors I read for the first time in 2018 who are not debuts. Some of them quickly became favorites and all of them make me want to read more of their books WHat authors made your list? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

2 comments:

  1. I have read from Beth Revis and Seanan McGuire (as Seanan and Mira Grant) and they are both wonderful authors. There's a great many of the authors on your list that I want to get to in 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice! Some familiar names but not any that I have read at this point! Glad you enjoyed them all!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete