To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
(Taken straight from the hosts)
- (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts
- (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
- Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
- Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
- If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
- Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI” If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers.
- If you’re new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
This is my first time doing this so I'm going to answer their five questions to start out with.
1.) When did you start blogging?
Originally four years ago but very irregularly. I would stop back maybe once a year and update and tell myself I would keep it up I never did. This most recent foray happened about two months ago and it seems to be sticking.
2.) What's your favorite part about book blogging?
I think the best part so far has just been learning about amazing new books and being able to join in on the conversation with like-minded people about books that I enjoyed.
3.) What types of books do you mainly blog about?
I have pretty eclectic taste in books. I try to mix in Classics with recent fiction and YA. In terms of genre mostly fantasy, historical fiction, and paranormal.
4.) What are your favorite books?
There are so many to list. My current five favorite standalone books are The Historian, The Alchemist, Wuthering Heights, The Tao of Pooh, and The Heart is A Lonely Hunter. My three favorite series are Harry Potter, The Wicked Years, and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
5.) What has been the best thing that happened to you because of book blogging?
The best and most tangible thing that has happened to me since blogging is probably that my reading has become much more critical, and it has has become much more frequent. I feel like I'm reading a lot more and I'm pushing myself to read a lot more. Maybe it's just my competitive nature and the need to keep up with everyone else in the community.
This weeks questionQ: You Are It! We are playing #FF tag this week. Comment on as many blogs as you can, even if they aren’t participating in #FF. Just say Happy #FF! At the end of your comment. Keep a running total if you want and update your post with it. The bigger the number the more impressed we will be!
So have fun and get busy hopping!
******** UPDATE: I stopped by a bunch of blogs and followed a dozen of them. Thanks to anyone who stopped by here!******