Friday, January 2, 2015

Feature & Follow Friday: Best of 2014

A weekly meme hosted by Alison Can Read & Parajunkee's View

How it Works: 

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you visit the blogs of our illustrious hosts and leave your name on the post using using the linky tools, then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!

What sets this Hop apart from others, is our Feature. Each week we will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Find out below. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow our Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy. How do you follow someone? Well, if you have a preference, state it in your #FF post. A lot of blogs are transitioning to Wordpress in which they do not have the luxury of GFC, so an RSS subscription is appreciated or if you choose an email subscription. If you don't have GFC please state in your post how you would like to be followed.

This Week's Question: 

Happy New Year!!!! What was your favorite book of 2014 - or books if you can't just name one? 
- Suggested by Alison Can Read

This Week's Answer: 

For me it was the year of Brandon Sanderson, he was a new to me author and I read a total of eight of his books this year including the Mistborn series that is officially one of my favorite series now. But my absolute favorite book of the year was Bitter Greens by Kate Forsyth. It is an absolutely amazing retelling of Rapunzel that is dark and dramatic. I thought I pushed it a lot but I guess not because I'd say it flew under the radar and I really think more people should read it, it's pretty phenomenal. If you need more encouragement, [HERE] is my review.

If you want to check out a full list of my top fourteen books of 2014 check out this Top Ten Tuesday post.

And what about you? What was your favorite book(s) of the year? Leave me a comment of your thoughts.

And remember this is a blog hop so take a look around and if you like what you see give me a follow and leave me a comment so I can follow back. I am indifferent to the manner in which you follow so pick your poison: GFC, Bloglovin, and/or Twitter.

Thanks for dropping by and I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas, a Happy Hanukkah, and a Great Sparkle Season! Happy FF and HAPPY READING!

10 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of Brandon Sanderson's books, but he is on my list for the future! I definitely haven't heard of Bitter Greens, but you make a very good case! Old follower :)

    Here's my F&F!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven'r read this author yet but it looks very interesting! I guess I could give it a try!

    Old Follower.

    Here's my #FF
    Giova @ Corazones Literarios

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE retelling so will definitely be adding this to my TBR pile.
    Old follower.
    Kirsty xx
    http://kirstylovesbooks.wordpress.com/2015/01/02/feature-and-follow-friday-happy-new-year/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of Bitter Greens, but it looks so good!
    New Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been seeing a lot of him around lately! Might need to work him into the TBR Mountain of Doom one day!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been hearing so much about Brandon Sanderson lately! I have one of his books, Steelheart, so I guess I should try to get to that one soon! I had not heard of your favorite book either, so I will have to look into that one now. :] I love fairy tale retellings, they can be so fun! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier, I followed back via GFC! :]

    Happy New Year!
    Tiffany
    Beneath the Jacket Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sanderson is probably one that should go on my "check out" list.
    Twitter follower, Jessi, The Book Cove

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to check out Bitter Greens, I've heard good things about it. I'm an old GFC follower.
    Check out my FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a hard question!! Probably Sea of Tranquility and An Untamed State

    ReplyDelete
  10. My friend had borrowed my copy of Bitter Greens for months and then didn't read it so I wasn't able to. Now I absolutely must since you have good taste cause I'm a huge fan of Brandon Sanderson as well! He is a writing genius isn't he!?

    ReplyDelete