Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Fall TBR

A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

I love doing this prompt because then you get a sneak peek at my themes for the month. If you didn't know I do monthly themes so here are those themes and a few books I'm planning to read.

September
1.) Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo - Add to Goodreads
I picked this up at BEA and have been putting it off since then. I'm so excited for more Leigh Bardugo and Grishaverse. Plus it's a fantasy heist story with characters who are slightly darker and live in the moral gray sphere. It's a "me book."

2.) This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzie Lee  - Add to Goodreads
This is out today! I'm hoping to get to this one very soon. I won a copy in a giveaway and I can't wait for it to get here. It's one of my most anticipated fall releases and debuts. Steampunk Frankenstein, you guys!

October: Fantasy
3.) Shadows of Self by Brandon Sanderson  - Add to Goodreads
It's Brandon Sanderson so that should be enough of an indication. It's also the next book in the world of Mistborn. I liked the first book in that series a lot so I'm excited for more.

4.) Carry On by Rainbow Rowell  - Add to Goodreads
I'm eagerly anticipating Rainbow's visit to Pittsburgh! I love the fact that Rainbow wrote a fantasy series based on the fictional book within a book from Fangirl. I'm so pumped to read it and see her take on the genre.

5.) The Rose Society by Marie Lu  - Add to Goodreads
I needed this book like a year ago. I just reread The Young Elites and I was just as devastated as I was then. And just as entertained. TYE was so dark and I hear this one is even more dark and dramatic.

6.) Illuminae by Aime Kaufman and Jay Kristoff  - Add to Goodreads
This fits my November theme better and I was going to wait but I can't do that. Everyone is raving about this series and I'm so excited about finally reading it. I've been putting it off because I'm a little intimidated but it looks amazing.

November: Science Fiction
7.) Winter by Marissa Meyer  - Add to Goodreads
The final book in the brilliant Lunar Chronicles series. I can't wait to find out how it all ends but I'm also slightly worried. I love this series so much and it's going to be sad to say goodbye but I'm hoping for a happy(ish) ending.

8.) Manners and Mutiny by Gail Carriger  - Add to Goodreads
Another series ender. I really enjoyed the Finishing School series and the third one was definitely the best so far. I have high hopes for the final one. And then I ma try and read more Gail Carriger. 

9.) Until We Meet Again by Renee Collins  - Add to Goodreads
Who doesn't love a good time travel book? I know I do. This one in particular sounds really interesting. I'm excited to read it. Plus the main character and I have the same name, which usually creeps me out a bit!

10.) Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandal  - Add to Goodreads
I've had a copy of this book for awhile and I haven't taken the time to read it despite hearing good things. I like that it's post-apocalyptic and about right after the collapse of society.

What books are on your fall TBR? Do we have any the same? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

10 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to Six of Crows and Illuminae. Yay for fall reads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Until We Meet Again does sound creepy, I may have to check that one out for myself. Great list of fall reads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just heard about This Monstrous Thing the other day, I like the premise. Also can't wait for Six of Crows either. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I forget Winter! And I should have added Six of Crowns to my list as well. Great choices! Here's my TTT post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOoh nice! I can't wait to read This Monstrous Thing, Winter, Six of Crows, and The Rose Society! Great picks!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list. Station Eleven was SO GOOD!!! I hope you enjoy it. I just read The Young Elites a month or so ago and I loved it. I immediately preordered the sequel. Ha. Here is my top ten list: http://www.bookbinges.blogspot.it/2015/09/top-ten-tuesday-fall-tbr.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Station Eleven is on my list as well! I am so excited to read it as well, and I'm excited to read your thoughts!
    -Monica @ Tomes Project

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Station Eleven looks so good! I want to read the Rainbow Rowell book as well. I guess I'm creating a Winter or Spring TBR list. :)
    My TTT
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! I have heard awesome things about Station Eleven. I also am curious about Carry On--- love Rainbow Rowell.

    ReplyDelete