Saturday, April 1, 2017

Stacking the Shelves: March Haul

A weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews

Ummm, remember when I said I was on a book buying ban? Well so I bought some books this month, and got a good amount for review. I am really excited by a lot of these, especially some of the ones I bought. But I shouldn't feel too bad because I also sold a ton of books. I was culling my sehelves and took two bags of books to Half Price Books and then got some new ones to replace them so it's an even trade, right? Seriously, grab a cup of something and maybe a snack because this is going to take awhile. I really need to go back to doing these monthly. Alright, let's look at what I picked up...

Bought


The Song Rising by Samantha Shannon - My Review
I already had an e-ARC of this book but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get a signed special edition with the cover that matches the old design.

The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux - Add to Goodreads
I had this exact copy of The Phantom of the Opera when I was in college. I loved the B&N classics with the gold edges. Anyway, I read this on a plane and left it in the the pouch in front of my seat so I had to buy it.

First and Then by Emma Mills - Add to Goodreads
I have heard good things about this book. Emma Mills came to Pittsburgh on a book tour and I was going to buy the book but didn't, I was trying to be on a book buying ban. But when I saw it at HPB I had to get it. 

Only the Good Spy Young, Out of Sight, Out of Time, and United We Spy by Ally CarterMy Review
When I was at Half Price Books I saw that they had the hardcovers for the last three books in the Gallagher Girls series. I loved the first three books and I haven't finished the series yet because I don't own the books, but I do now.

Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness - Add to Goodreads
I also saw the thirdd book in the Chaos Walking trilogy at Half Price Books as well. I only own the first book and even though I haven't read it, I want to so I picked this up.

Frost Like Night by Sara Raasch - Add to Goodreads
I have not finished this series yet because I never picked up the last book in the series. I'm interested to see how it ends. I've heard really good things about this one too.


For Review


Geekerella by Ashley Poston - Add to Goodreads
I got this on Netgalley (thanks Quirk Books) at the very beginning of the month. I should have probably read it as part of my contemporary month but I didn't. Oh well. I've heard good things.

#Antisocial by Jillian Blake - Add to Goodreads
This totally sounds like an interesting YA mystery ad thriller. It got me with the Pretty Little Liars meets Wikileaks tagline.

The Love Interest by Cale Deitrich - Add to Goodreads
I am really excited about this debut. It sounds like an interesting YA mystery and thriller as well. I mean it's about teenage spies afterall.

The Most Beautiful Woman in Florence by Claudia GrayAdd to Goodreads
This book totally sounds like the kind of historical fiction that I will love. Plus it takes place in Florence which I am super excited about.


Cold Summer by Gwen Cole - Add to Goodreads
I picked this book up from Edelweiss because I saw that it was read now and it is a total me book. It's a historical fantasy with time travel that takes the person back to WWII. Sign me up!

The Hush by Skye Melki-Wegner Add to Goodreads
In the course of looking for Cold Summer on Edelweiss I also saw this book and it sounds really fantastic. It's got a This Savage Song and The Kingkiller Chronicles thing going on with music and magic thing.

Ash and Quill by Rachel Caine - Add to Goodreads
I flailed so hard when the publisher sent me a copy of this book after emailing them about it. I am super super excited for the next book in this series! And I just found out there are two more so double yay!

Retribution Rails by Erin Bowman - Add to Goodreads
I loved Vengeance Road so much and I was ecstatic to have my wish for this book granted on Netgalley. This book is so pretty and it sounds amazing! More YA Westerns!

Those are the books that I got in March. I obviously bought more books than I usually do but what can you do. What books did you get? Are you excited for any of these? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

2 comments:

  1. Book buying bans never last very long for me. Books are too tempting. I have The Love Interest and Cold Summer on my TBR list. I hope we both enjoy them!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to read The Love Interest! I hope it's as good as it sounds. I hadn't heard of Antisocial but omg PLL comp I'm sold. Can't wait to see what you think about them all!

    C.J.
    Sarcasm&Lemons

    ReplyDelete