Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Read This Year That I Would Love For Christmas

A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

So I thought for this week I would put a little bit of a different spin on the question. Sure, there are a ton of books that are already out that I want. I mean my Amazon wishlist is full of them. But I thought instead to list some books that I have read but don't own physical copies of but want to. I know sometimes people don't like buying books for a person if they have already read them but these are books I wish I owned and don't.

Books To Complete A Series

1.) The Vanishing Throne by Elizabeth May - (My Review / Goodreads)
I am a big fan of this series. I have an e-ARC for the final book in the trilogy burning a whole in my TBR at the moment. I own the first book but not the second one and I really want to change that so I can have a full trilogy.

2.) The Skylighter by Becky Wallace - (My Review / Goodreads)
I was originally going to buy a physical copy of this book when it first came out but I had an ARC and I was on a book buying ban and didn't want to break it. I wish I had.

3.) Paper and Fire by Rachel Caine - (My Review / Goodreads)
Same as above. The added bonus for this one is that the covers are just so beautiful I really wish that I owned a copy so that I could stare at it.

4.) Shadows of Self and Bands of Mourning by Brandon Sanderson - (My Review / Goodreads)
All of my Mistborn books I have in the mass market paperbacks and while I'm not super specific about having matching series but for this one I kind of want that. But that means waiting for the paperbacks.

5.) The Wise Man's Fear and The Slow Regard of Silent Things by Patrick Rothfuss - (My Review / Goodreads)
This is another series that I have the first book in paperback (not mass market) and kind of want the others to match. So I was waiting for the paperbacks and now I'm just procrastinating.

6.) The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh - (My Review / Goodreads)
I had won an ARC of this book and didn't plan on buying a physical copy but then I bought the sequel and now looking at my shelves and not seeing this one next to that one makes me want to buy it.

Books I Loved 

7.) The Fixer and The Long Game by Jennifer L. Barnes - (My Review / Goodreads)
So I want someone to buy me these books for two reasons. The first is that I really love them and I want physical copies to put on my shelf but the main reason is that if this series sells well then there is a chance it will get a sequel.

8.) Nevernight by Jay Kristoff - (My Review / Goodreads)
I wanted a physical copy of this one but again, book buying ban. But it's such a good book and I know it has this super gorgeous map and I just want to stare at the map and the cover.

9.) Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff - (My Review / Goodreads)
I have an ARC of this book and it was totally all I needed when reading it initially. I listened to the audio so having some of the images was fine. But I want a finished copy with all the drawings from Marie Lu and the death toll that has some friends names in it.

10.) Elantris by Brandon Sanderson - (My Review / Goodreads)
Again with the Sanderson, I mean naturally. But I listened to the audio for this and don't have a physical copy. And like I need pohysical copies of all the Sanderson books.

Honorable Mention to These Special Editions or Expensive Books

11.) Chamber of Secrets Illustrated Edition by J.K. Rowling and Jim Kay
I got the gorgeous and amazing Illustrated edition of Sorcerer's Stone from my Secret Sister last year (thanks Henna) and I would love this one as well. The illustrations are gorgeous in the first one and I'm sure this one is even more amazing (I mean it has The Burrow!!)

12.) Hamilton: The Revolution by Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jeremy McCarter
I got the audio for this on a Audible daily deal and started listening to it. It's interesting, don't get me wrong, but you lose something without the pictures and words. It just doesn't feel as special, I think.

13.) A Game of Thrones: Illustrated Edition by George R.R. Martin and 
If liking and wanting illustrated editions is wrong, then I don't want to be right. But seriously, this looks amazing and gorgeous and I want it to add to my collection, Side note: I also want the leather-bound box set because wow are they gorgeous!

14.) The Golden Compass: 20th Anniversary Edition by Phillips Pullman
And once again, a gorgeous special edition of a book. But to be fair, this time I really do need a replacement. My omnibus of this series has seen better days. It's been well loved but also not loved enough.

There you have it. The handful of books I have read and do not own but wish that Santa or anyone else would bring me this Christmas. If my family is reading this (which I know they aren't) then I know you don't like getting me books I have read but these I want.

What books made your list this week? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

5 comments:

  1. I don't own any of the illustrated Harry Potters, but they do look awesome. I'd also like Hamilton to be under my tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices. I don't own any of these and several of them are books on my TBR, to own lists so almost any of them would be perfect under my tree :-)
    https://runwright.net/2016/12/20/bookish-gag-gifts/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope my mom bought me the Chamber of Secrets Illustrated Edition!! There are also like 999 books I've read that I wish I owned. Us bookworms are weird like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoh nice! I loooved Gemina and TW&TD! Still need to read the sequel to that one! Hope you get a few or all of these under the tree this year!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm dying for the illustrated edition of Game of Thrones! :D

    ReplyDelete