Friday, December 5, 2014

Feature and Follow Friday #52 - Reading Plans

A weekly meme hosted by Alison Can Read & Parajunkee's View

How it Works: 

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you visit the blogs of our illustrious hosts and leave your name on the post using using the linky tools, then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!

What sets this Hop apart from others, is our Feature. Each week we will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Find out below. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow our Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy. How do you follow someone? Well, if you have a preference, state it in your #FF post. A lot of blogs are transitioning to Wordpress in which they do not have the luxury of GFC, so an RSS subscription is appreciated or if you choose an email subscription. If you don't have GFC please state in your post how you would like to be followed.

This Week's Question: 

Do you decide in advance what you read for the coming week or month? Why / why not?
- Suggested by Unconventional Book Views


This Week's Answer: 

December's calendar
Gosh, it's been so long since I have done a FFF. But I'm behind in my reading and I like this question. I do decide what I plan to read both that month and that week, I'm a planner. I usually base my reading schedule around my blogging schedule. First things first, I always pick a theme for that month (this month is Science Fiction). Usually I look at the ARCs I have for that month and see if there are any trends. Then I choose other picks that fit that theme. Then I make a calendar that plans out when I would ideally like to post the review. I try posting my reviews on Mondays and Thursday but I'm flexible. I always start with the ARCs. I want to review them as close to release date is possible. Then I fill in the other reviews and extra posts. And so each week I read the books that I plan to review the following week. As for what I'm going to read that day. I always read around three books at once so, all the books?

So there you go, a very rambly explanation on how I pick what to read. Are you a mood reader or do you plan out what to read? How do you decide what to read? Leave me a comment of your thoughts.

And remember this is a blog hop so take a look around and if you like what you see give me a follow and leave me a comment so I can follow back. I am indifferent to the manner in which you follow so pick your poison: GFC, Bloglovin, and/or Twitter.

Thanks for dropping by, Happy FF and HAPPY READING!

10 comments:

  1. I'd like to be a mood reader, but sometimes ARCs keep me from it. I do enjoy a break once in a while, where I can pick what I want....Otherwise, I think I'd stop enjoying reading so much. Here’s my F&FF..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are extremely organized Cassi. Me, not so much. I do think of a few titles in advance that I would like to read but my decisions are never set in stone.
    Monique @ Mo_Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's really organized! Me I just make the review books and ARCs first priority, though I did just take a 1 book break from all them! Back to them now, not many left though! Hence the allowance of a break!

    When choosing from my TBR Mountain of Doom I just go with whatever I'm really dying to read...which is usually all of them but then I think of reviews I've read for the ones in the stacks and then kind of go with that! But it's all based on what I feel like really! Always open to moving things around too should the need arise!

    Reviews just pretty much go up once I finish reading! If I don't write the review right away I will forget everything! Even with my notes! ARC reviews I always post 1 week in advance, older titles just go up right away! For the most part it's maybe a review a day...other times there have been 2 or possibly more if they were novellas or a preplanned review goes up and I finish another book. Though I try spacing them out by some odd hours!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I've never thought of having a monthly theme! I really don't think I could stay on track for a month though. Even if I plan it, when I'm not in the mood for something it takes forever to read it! We're talking a month for a book that should only take five days! Oh well. Great answer!

    Here's my F&F!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Monthly theme sounds nice. I usually get in a season mood and then i just want to read everything about that genre in the YA section. I remember when i finished Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell i just needed more and more, of it. That was the worse time, a life without that book.

    New follower on GFC :]

    Johnny @ http://burnishbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely a mood reader. But I like how you have Monthly themes, that's pretty cool and creative. I usually only stay with theme reading during Halloween and Christmas since their my fave holidays :)
    I'm a current follower. I pretty much stalk you every where lol.
    Check out my blog if you'll like @ Book Nerd Addicts Have a great Holiday season! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have really awesome monthly calendar,I like it very much.Thank you for stopping by my blog.
    I'm new follower,my FF:
    Books are my life

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could have that much control over what I read! Old GFC follower! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Theme of the month is an awesome idea! My reading and posting is too sporadic to do something fun like that...well that and I'm not that type of planner haha. old follower www.thebookcove.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great feature. I have followed you on BlogLovin!

    ReplyDelete