Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Resolutions

A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

HAPPY ALMOST NEW YEAR! I'm not big on setting resolutions but I do like setting goals for myself, especially ones I know I can accomplish. So I went back and looked at my 2014 resolutions to see how many I accomplished and I actually did a pretty good job of completing my goals. So let's set some more!

Reading Resolutions

1.) Read 100 Books
Last year I honestly had no idea how many books I was capable of reading in a year, I had never calculated it at all. So in 2014 I read 115 books. I wanted to try and beat that by reading 120 books but I'm not sure that's realistic so I'm settling for the goal of 100

2.) Read At Least 12 Debuts
I'm taking part in the Debut Author Challenge hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. There are so many amazing debuts coming out this year and I am so excited to read so many of them. (Check out the Tab up top for more info)

3.) Read 10 Classics
So part of my theme month idea was meant to also include a classic a month. I did okay with it but I sort of gave up on that as the end of the year drew near. I want to get back to reading more classics. If anyone knows of any challenges for classics let me know!

4.) Read At Least 25 Books from NetGalley and Edelweiss
My NetGalley percentage has been hovering between 50-60% for so long. I really need to get it up to 80% and tackle some of these review books. So I'm participating in this challenge hosted by Falling for YA (see tab above for more info)

4.5.) Actually Link Up With Challenges
I did such a bad job with this last year. I completed my challenges but I never spread the word about it! I'll do better next year.

5.) Read Some New Adult Books
I wanted to try some last year but I never got a chance. There were a few that I wanted to try like the Rusk University series from Cora Carmack and I've heard good things about Colleen Hoover and Jamie Maguire. Let me know of any recommendations you may have.

Other Resolutions

6.) Go to BEA and Socialize!
So I went to BEA last year and it was awesome but I was a little antisocial. This year when I go back I want to take advantage of more of the cool and fun activities happening. Things like the Blogger Picnic or Happy Hour, book talks, even just hanging out with people more at the Javits.

7.) Participate in NaNoWriMo Again
I did it in 2013, then I had lots of ideas this year but work was really busy and I didn't get the chance to do anything. But I have this one idea that has been rattling around in my head for so long that I have to get it out!

Blogging Resolution

8.) Comment More
These past few months I feel like I haven't been great at commenting. I haven't commented back. I haven't commented on posts after people comment on my posts. I haven't even been very good at commenting on reviews that I read. This year I'll strive to be better.

9.) Redesign Blog
I have wanted to do this for so long! I like the maps but I really want something that isn't just a default template. I want to make it my own. Plus I'm getting sick of the brown background with white letters. I need something lighter and less dark.

10.) Keep It Up!
This past year was my first full year of blogging. It felt great to stick with it and grow within the community. I want to do that again this year. Blog five days a week, grow my following, find new amazing blogs, interact more with people, I just want to keep it up!

What about you? What are your resolutions for 2015? What challenges are you taking part in? Will you be at BEA? Leave me a comment with your thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

8 comments:

  1. you can do it! I am too lazy to start a resolution =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to go to BEA, too! I must look into going this year.

    Here's mine: A Little Nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine that I'd be a little anti social at BEA. I'm an introvert true to the heart but it'd be nice to actually meet some of the other bloggers, of course you included :) Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for completing your first full year of blogging! Sounds like you're right on track with your goals for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I want to go to BEA! I agree with you, I need to comment more too. I'm a lazy commenter, so I sometimes just don't get around to it, but I want to get much better at commenting on other blogs and responding to comments too! Also, if you participate in NaNoWriMo in 2015, I could always use another writing buddy! Great list!

    My TTT
    Alex @ The Book Banner

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOoh nice list of goals! I'm hoping maybe in 2016 to go to BEA! I'd go this year, but I feel like Chicago would be so much more doable than NYC! So alas, I must wait another year...I hate waiting...

    Good luck with your resolutions!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome list! I participated in the Debut Author Challenge in 2014 and pretty sure I did terribly at it, but I'm hopeful to read more debuts in 2015. I never linked up with the monthly challenge updates either now that I think about it, so keeping updated is probably a good idea for me to add to my to-do list for posting, etc. Best of luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm planning to start reading classics in 2015! I haven't read any since school, but I think I would enjoy them more now I have grown up a little!

    Good luck with your reading goals and I hope you find lots of great books in 2015 :-D

    ReplyDelete