Monday, January 6, 2014

2014 Standalone Reading Challenge


So I announced in December that I will be taking part in the 2014 Completed Series Reading Challenge. One of my goals/resolutions for this upcoming year is to read more debuts. I realized after completing my End of the Year Survey that I didn't read a single one last year and I only read one book that was released in 2013. So I found this challenge that will help me meet these goals. Plus I think it's funny to do two challenges, one about series and one about standalones.

So here are the details about the challenge.

 
2014 Standalone Reading Challenge

Hosted by IceyBooks and Dizneeee’s World of Books


The Challenge

To read 15 Young Adult and Middle Grade standalone novels in 2014 released in the United States between January 1, 2014 and December 31, 2014.

Eligible Books

-YA/MG standalone novels. This means that the book can not have an announced (sometimes sequels happen unexpectedly) sequel, prequel, follow up, etc.
-Companion novels count towards the challenge as well. Companion novels take place in the same world as a novel but usually follows the life of a different character. It can be read independently from the book that came before it.
-Released between January 1 – Decemeber 31, 2014 in the United States. If a book was previously released in another country but is being releasing in the US for the first time, it is eligible. At the same time, if you live in a country where it was previously released, but it is being released in the states for the first time – lucky you – it counts.
-Must be read in 2014
-Can be read in any (legally) readable format: ARC, Paperback, Hardcover or e-book. Audio books do not count toward the challenge.

The List

For a list of eligible challenge titles to get you started towards your goal, please visit this Goodreads List (please note, the list is not comprehensive or final). You are more than welcome to vote for standalones you feel will fit the list.

Participation Perks

There will be a prize pack given away each month to a random participant. You gain entries into that month’s prize pack by linking up your challenge-eligible reviews. There will also be giveaways on the hosts’ blogs to go along with special posts with authors. And of course, there are random giveaways that we may throw in here and there!

My Challenge List:




2 comments:

  1. Gah, I'm still considering whether or not I want to do this one... There a lot of great books on that list, and honestly, I do love me some standalone books. Good luck on the challenge :)
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with this challenge. I want to do it, but I always end up reading series.

    ReplyDelete