Friday, January 3, 2014

Feature and Follow Friday #7

 Alison Can Read Feature & Follow

Hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee's Views

How it Works: 
The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!

What sets this Hop apart from others, is our Feature. Each week we will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Who is our Feature today? Find out below. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow our Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy. How do you follow someone? Well, if you have a preference, state it in your #FF post. A lot of blogs are transitioning to Wordpress in which they do not have the luxury of GFC, so an RSS subscription is appreciated or if you choose an email subscription. If you don't have GFC please state in your post how you would like to be followed.

This Weeks Question:

What were your favorite books of 2013?

 This Weeks Answer:

Check out my Top Ten Tuesday for more details but the list is here.

1.) The Heart is A Lonely Hunter
2.) Divergent
3.) A Storm of Swords
4.) Fangirl
5.) The Magician King
6.) Rebel Angels
7.) Splendor
8.) Ready Player One
9.) Even Cowgirls Get the Blues
10.) Unholy Night
11.) The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay
12.) The Fault in Our Stars
13.) The Tipping Point

What were your top books of this past year? Leave me a comment!

18 comments:

  1. Hi I am a new follower . . I haven't read any of your choices but it reminds me that this year I MUST read The Fault in our Stars and the Divergent series!!!
    Thanks though
    Kirsty @ All in One Place
    http://www.kvlovesbooks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! The Divergent series is great. I liked TFiOS but not as much as most people. I knew it was going to be sad but what surprised me more was the humor. And yes, you MUST check them out!
      Cassi

      Delete
  2. Nice books! I haven't reached A Storm of Swords yet, but I'm enjoying the series (and the tv show).

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Storm of Swords is my favorite so far! It has the most action and is full of crazy plot twists. If you've seen season 3 of the show you only know the half of it (and I mean that both literally and figuratively)

      Thanks for the follow!
      Cassi

      Delete
  3. OOh nice! Other than Divergent, I haven't read any of these. Most of them seem new to me too! Glad you enjoyed Divergent! I loved that trilogy!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Divergent as well and can't wait for the movies, especially the first one. It's going to be so action-packed!
      Cassi

      Delete
  4. Great list -- I also loved Fangirl and The Heart is a Lonely Hunter is one of my all time favorites!!

    New follower via GFC and bloglovin. My FFF

    I am also giving away any of my 2013 favorites here! Please enter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO! The Heart is a Lonely Hunter was fantastic! It is now one of my favorite books. Have you read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn? I hear it's similar.

      Thanks for the follow!
      Cassi

      Delete
  5. The Fault in our Stars was definitely a good read - and sad too. And yey! You read the tipping point, not many people I know have read that! Interesting read indeed. :)

    New Follower via GFC. My FF: Isabelle's Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked The Tipping Point. I have a few friends that have read some Gladwell, usually Outliers, but this theme fits better with the work that I do so I read this. Have you read any of his other stuff? I'm considering reading Blink.

      Thanks for the the follow!
      Cassi

      Delete
  6. I loved divergent and I'm currently reading TFIOS. Great list!

    My FF. New follower via GFC.

    Emily @All in a Book

    ReplyDelete
  7. TFiOS is really good. I was expecting it to be sad but I was really surprised by the humor. Have you read any other John Green? I want to read some more of his stuff. I think he has such a great voice!

    Thanks for the follow!
    Cassi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fangirl, Divergent, Ready Player One and A Storm of Swords were all great reads for me. I'm glad to hear they make your favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read any of those yet but I'm always looking for new books to read :) (aren't we all) lol

    New Follower via GFC & Bloglovin
    Kanettra@A Readers Sanctuary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks. I read 2-5, 8, and 12 this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cassi,
    I haven't read any of the books on your list, but Fangirl and Divergent are on my TBR list.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm now following you via GFC and Bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everyone is raving about Fangirl, I feel like I really missed out lol. It's on my to-read list! Just returning the follow-love. Thanks!

    New Follower on BlogLovin :)

    Jessica @ Ramblings on Readings

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the list! The Fault in our Stars was also on mine!
    Old follower!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete