Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday 2014 Debuts

Hosted by The Broke and The Bookish

So this is very delayed because I was traveling for work today and it didn't hit me until too late that I should plan this in advance. Live and learn! Without further ado here are my most anticipated 2014 debuts!

1.) No One Else Can Have You by Kathryn Hale (January 7)
I love a good murder mystery and a quirky narrator. I can't wait to read this when the library tells me the copy I reserved is free!

2.) NIL by Lynne Matson (March 4)
An island mystery and romance reminiscent of LOST... Yes, please!

3.) Sekret by Lindsay Smith (April 1)
A spy trying to survive in Soviet Russia with the ability to read minds... SOLD!

4.) Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge (January 28)
A fairy tell retelling with a charismatic but sinister character! Absolutely!

5.) Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige (April 1)
I love a good Wizard of Oz retelling and the idea of this sounds brilliant and dark. You've convinced me!

6.) A Mad Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller (January 23)
Historical fiction set in Paris and London during the Victorian era with a disgraced debutante and suffragettes. I will read this!

7.) Half Bad by Sally Green (March 4)
Wizards and the internal struggle of good versus evil. Need I say more?

8.) The Break Up Artist by Phillip Siegel (April 29)
I love the idea of an evil plot to break-up all the couples in her high school through methods of espionage, but I also smell a change of heart. Definitely!

9.) Salvage by Alexandra Duncan (April 1)
A space opera with an environmental focus (it involves trash island). This is right up my alley!

10.) Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy (May 18)
This seems like a really interesting spin on the sad dying person trope. I predict all the feels! Done and done!

Now let's how many of these bad boys I read this year! What are you most excited about for this year?

1 comment:

  1. Dorothy Must Die sounds fantastic! I hope it lives up to the hype.

    ReplyDelete