I was cruising the blogoshpere (you know, as one does) and I came across this challenge hosted by Octavia at Read. Sleep. Repeat. Her thought is that we all have a giant list of series that we have started and never finished or keep talking about starting and never do. This challenge is to give you a kick in the pants to finish as many series as you can in the year 2014. There are of course rules, (taking directly from her site) they are as follows...
- You have to FINISH the series
- If the series isn’t complete yet, or will not be completed before December 1st, 2014 read up to the most recent book in said series.
- Novellas count, but are optional.
- HAVE fun
- If you decide to break up with a series after book one, it does not count!
- You do not have to START the series in 2014, you just have to FINISH it in 2014
- Series that you started prior to 2014 are fine as long as you FINISH the series in 2014
- The series has to have at least 2 books out prior to December 1st, 2014
- Proof that you finished the book is required. It could be a full review, a mini review, or a rating with a few lines.
- DNF’s do not count. PERIOD.
I will be keeping track of my progress in the tab above labeled "2014 Series Challenge" and will be posting the badges I win on my main site. I'm totally jazzed to win the platinum badge!
Here is a list of series that I have planned to include on my list for this year.
Series I Have Started and Haven't Finished(last book I read shown)
|A Song of Ice and Fire|
|The Giver Quartet|
|Percy Jackson Seri|
Series I Haven't Started But Want/Plan To (first book pictured)
|Across the Universe|
|The Lunar Chronicles|
|The Darkest Minds|
|The Maze Runner Trilogy|
That is 14 total series for the year. My plan is at lease one series a month some months will have two or even three. Some series will be easier than others to complete. For example I only have one book to read in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series but four in the Gallagher girls series, I may add a few more series on the list as the year goes on and I see how I am doing. I have a few series on the back burner that I'm probably add. My goal is to get at least a dozen so I can be certified platinum! Stayed tuned on the "2014 Series Challenge" Tab above and if you want to get involved GO HERE NOW!