Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday- The Top Ten Books of 2014 I Can't Wait to be Released

  
A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

1.) No One Else Can Have You by Kathleen Hale (January 7, 2014) 
I recently read an interview for NaNoWriMo with the author Kathleen Hale where she talked about writing an outcast type character and having an awkward narrator. Everything she said was brilliant. I then learned that her book was a murder mystery and I was hooked. I need more teen detectives in my life. Plus look at that super dope cover! Check out the interview.

2.) Hollow City by Ransom Riggs (January 14, 2014)
I read Miss Peregrine's and liked it despite it's many deficiencies [My Review], it wasn't what I was looking for in the month of October but it was interesting. I'm interested to see the direction that the next book is taken in. It sounds like it's going to be a little Urban Fantasy kind of story.


 3.) Veronica Mars Book (February 4, 2014)
This may be my most anticipated book of 2014. I'm a HUGE Veronica Mars fan and I've been waiting years to get closure on her story. I even donated to the Kickstarter to make sure to movie happened. I'm really excited that it doesn't end with the movie because I love this character and I love Rob Thomas' writing.

4.) Tsarina by J. Neale Patrick (February 27, 2014)
I'm a huge Russophile. I studied Recent History (it's a thing) in college because of it. This is also the supernatural take on a known story kind of book that I love. It sounds really interesting and I'm excited to read it.

5.) Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Page (April 1, 2014)
I keep seeing this book everywhere and it sounds really interesting. I'm a big fan of retellings on classic stories and I also like the idea of making Dorothy more villainous, because I like complicated slightly evil characters. The idea of a good character turning evil is completely my cup of tea. It's like the Wicked Years (which I love) but from a different perspective. 

6.) The Here and Now by Ann Brashares
(April 8, 2014)
I'm a big fan of Ann Brashares. I've read all her books and The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is one of my favorite series. Her adult stuff is pretty good but her attempt to return to the Sisterhood left a poor taste in my mouth. I'm excited to return to YA and for her to take on a Dystopia story. I do feel a little bit like she is capitalizing on a literary trend but I like the genre and I like her so I'll forgive her. Plus her take is unique in that the characters return to the present to prevent tragedy... can you say Butterfly Effect?


7.) Ruin & Rising by Leigh Bardugo (June 3, 2014)
I feel like I shouldn't really put this on my list owing to the fact that I haven't read the first two books in the Grishna trilogy but I'm planning to read them next month and I don't anticipate hating them. I love high fantasy, I've heard great things from sources I trust, and it has loose references to Russia which as previously stated, I love. I'm adding it so... DEAL WITH IT! (Nobody cares do they?)


8.) Landline by Rainbow Rowell (July 8, 2014)
I love Rainbow Rowell's writing. She is such an amazing Contemporary author. She also seems like the kind of person I would get along with if we were to meet in real life (Call Me Rainbow!). I'm excited to read an Adult book of hers, and this sounds really interesting.

9.) The Magician's Land by Lev Grossman
(August 5, 2014)
I feel like a broken record with all this talk lately of The Magicians trilogy but this is probably my most anticipated book for 2014, and of course it comes out last! I just finished The Magician King [My Review] and I have to know what happens to Quentin. I'm so invested in him as a character at this point and I'm so invested in this world. I have so many unanswered questions and theories. August cannot come soon enough!



10.) Winds of Winter by George R.R. Martin (?????????)
I had such reservations of putting this book on the list. It sounded like Martin was furiously working on it so that the TV show would overtake his writing, but who knows. He may never finish it. He may also write another 3000 page book that they decide to split up further extending the release. I hope it comes out sooner rather than later but I do not want to pressure Mr. Martin at all. He's said that everytime some one does he'll kill off a fan favorite character. Stop toying with my emotions George. It's no wonder your initials are GRR!!!


What are your most anticipated reads? Are any of these on your list?
Cassi

3 comments:

  1. Very excited for Veronica Mars! Have yet to read Miss Peregrine's but plan to soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Miss Peregrine's in October. It wasn't as spooky as the cover led me to believe but I thought the story was interesting and I like it.

      Delete
  2. Ooh nice list! I so cannot wait to see what this Dorothy Must Die will be like! Sounds very exciting!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete