Friday, December 27, 2013

Feature & Follow #6- Gifts from the holidays!

RULES

To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
  2. (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
  3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say "hi" in your comments and that they are now following you.
  5. If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn't have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
  6. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  7. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
  8. If you're new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
This weeks question: What book/bookish things did you get this holiday season

This weeks answer: I got three books.
Rules for Radicals by Saul Alinsky
Havisham by Ronald Frame
The De-Textbook from Cracked
and an Amazon gift certificate for $25

My friends and family don't usually buy me books because they know I always buy myself what I want.

What books did you get? Tell me about it in the comments! Happy Holidays and Happy Reading!

18 comments:

  1. I've never heard of those books but hope you like them and nice one, getting a gift card :)

    Happy holidays!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had only known about the one but they're all really interesting.

      Thanks for stopping by and Happy Holidays!
      Cassi

      Delete
  2. That's what my friends and family do as well! Although I do try to save a few December releases so my mom can buy me books. I've been told I am impossible to shop for, so I give her titles to choose from and can only hope that she gets them all while they're on sale! And she does!


    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try and add some recent ones too but often they get obscure ones that I added years ago (Rules for Radicals for example) but it's also great to get the ones that have been in the TBR pile for so long!
      Cassi

      Delete
  3. Good stash of books and yay on the g/c!!

    Come visit me here, Irish Girl Reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to read them! I already browsed through The De-Textbook!

      Thanks for stopping by and Happy FF!
      Cassi

      Delete
  4. Don't know those ones, but I hope you enjoy! :)
    Old follower!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only knew about one of them but they were all good surprises.

      Thanks for stopping by and Happy FF!
      Cassi

      Delete
  5. gift card are the best :) Enjoy splashing out on all the books you want new follower via GFC and Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gift cards are great. I sometimes like picking things out myself that way I can get what I want most.

      Thanks for stopping by and Happy Holidays!
      Cassi

      Delete
  6. Havisham is amazing I got it as a pre-pub and loved it!

    Katelynn
    www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited. I had heard about it but it had fallen off my radar. It looks really interesting!

      Thanks for stopping by and Happy FF!
      Cassi

      Delete
  7. Love the name "Havisham," even though I have no idea what it's about lol!
    Nice haul, and I hope you had a great Christmas,
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it is a great name! It's a sort of prequel to Great Expectations. It tells the story of Miss Havisham and explains why she is the way she is in that book.

      Thanks for stopping by and Happy Holidays!
      Cassi

      Delete
  8. They were all unexpected surprises but in a good way!

    Thanks for stopping by and Happy Holidays!
    Cassi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I supposedly won an ARC of Havisham a few months back, but I never received it. :(
    Whomp, whomp... Ah, well.
    I'll still read it (I'll just borrow it from the library).
    I hope it's as good as I'm anticipating!

    Here's my FF, if you feel like stopping by!:
    http://thepookapicks.wordpress.com/2013/12/29/feature-follow-10/

    P.S. Even though I know where the title originates from, Ninja Girl's comment made me think of a "joke" my boyfriend always makes on road trips. We drive past this town called "Needham" and he always says, "Need ham?"... and then waits, and responds to himself, "Got ham." (A play on Batman's Gotham City. What a nerd! Haha).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're comment almost made me spit out my drink! You must be from the Boston area! I used to live in Providence and I've made that exact same joke! We used to say that in Massachussets they "put a ham on it" (a play on Portlandia's "put a bird on it")

      Delete
  10. I got loads of gift cards to Amazon. :)

    ReplyDelete