Wednesday, April 3, 2019

March Wrap Up and February TBR

Read in March: 

And the blogging slump is back in full force this month and the reading slump a little bit too. Last month I was posting more regularly abut this month it's barely once or twice a week. I am totally behind on posts and don't have much motivation to write reviews, but I'm trying to get more regular with it so we'll see. As for reading, it was an okay month. I was travelling a lot for work and pleasure which made it a little bit challenging. I read 11 books this month which pretty okay.

For challenges, I am once again low key doing challenges. The only one I am legit doing is how many books in a year. I set a Goodreads goal of reading 150 books in a year. My original goal last year was 150 but I had to lower it so I want to make that happen this year. Adding these 10 books in March brings my total to 38 for the year which is on track for this goal. For the rest of the challenges I only low key set them. I want to read 20 debuts this year and I read 3 this month which is 7 for the year and on track. I want to read 15 books this year. I read 1 this month which is a total of 4 for 2019. I also want to read 20 backlist books. This month I read 2 backlist books which is 7 for the year. I am on track for all of these goals but it is kind of too early to tell.

The Books


1.) The Sleepwalker by R.L. Stine Rating: 5 out of 10 [Podcast Review]
2.)  An Absolutely Remarkable Thing by Hank Green Rating: 8 out of 10 [My Review]
3.) Slayer by Kiersten White Rating: 8 out of 10
4.) Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid Rating: 9.5 out of 10
5.) Two Can Keep a Secret by Karen M. McManus Rating: 8.5 out of 10
6.) Runaway by R.L. Stine Rating: 8 out of 10 stars [Podcast Website]
7.) The Life-Changing Manga of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
Rating: 9 out of 10 stars
8.) The Everlasting Rose by Dhonielle Clayton Rating: 9 out of 10 stars
9.) Four Dead Queens by Astrid Sholte Rating: 8.5 out of 10 stars [My Review]
10.) The Fever King by Victoria Lee Rating: 9 out of 10 [Review to Come]
11.) Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan Rating: 8.5 out of 10 [Review to Come]


To Be Read in March: 

And here is hoping that I can continue the strong reading month. It is the time of year where exciting new books continue to come out, including a few I have been waiting on for years. I am hoping to read at least a dozen books this month but I am honestly not sure which books I want to read. I have a busy month with travel for work and to visit family and friends so we shall see.

Books for Review



White Rose by Kip Wilson - Add to Goodreads
I don't read a ton of historical fiction set during WWII but I have lately been really loving it. And this one just sounds fantastic. It's about a real life resistance fighter.

The Raven's Tale by Cat Winters - Add to Goodreads
I love a historical mystery and this one sounds really fantastic. Not only is it about Edgar Allen Poe but it's Cat Winters which is always a good thing.

The Hummingbird Dagger by Cindy Antsey - Add to Goodreads
I have not read any of Cindy Anstey's books but I have heard good things and this one sounds completely up my alley. It's a historical murder mystery and I am all about it.

Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff - Add to Goodreads
I love both Amie and Jay's books both together and apart. I learned about this one at their signing in Boston last year and I am pumped that it's coming out soon and to have an e-ARC.

New Releases


Once and Future by Amy Rose Capetta and Cory McCarthy - Add to Goodreads
Science Fiction genderbent King Arthur. That's really all you need to know. I picked this up at the library recently and I'm excited to read this one.

The Devouring Grey by Christine Lynn Herman - Add to Goodreads

This book is set in the part of New York where I grew up and is about a creepy small town ala Stranger Things. I won a copy recently and I'm hoping it arrives in time for me to travel back home in a few weeks.

Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon - Add to Goodreads
I love Samantha Shannon's writing and I am super excited to read her take on dragons. But this book is a total beast. I am thinking about listening to the audiobook but it's 25 hours long. I'm not sure if I have to time to finish it.

Backlist Books


Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman - Add to Goodreads
I was recommended this by my best friend and put a hold on the e-book at the library. I didn't get to finish it because of review copies I needed to read so I got the physical book from the library.

The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab - Add to Goodreads
I love Victoria and I am so excited her debut is being reprinted. I have a hold on the e-book from the library and I hope it comes in so I can read it.

Other than that, I have no plans. A few other books I reserved from the library that might come in but I am not sure which and I don't know if I will be able to read them and when.

There you have it. Some of the books I hope to read in April. As always, these are subject to change. I may read all of these or I may only read a few and then read a bunch of different ones. But honestly I think this list I can stick to. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on reading 11 books. I’m also on waitlists for Eleanor Oliphant and The Near Witch, so I hope we both like them. Happy April!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete