Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Books on my Winter TBR

A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

December: Books I Should Have Read Already

1. The Knowing by Sharon Cameron - Add to Goodreads
I'm so embarrassed to say that I haven't read this book yet. I got a copy at ALA and it was one of my post anticipated books of the year. And yet despite meaning to read it for months I still haven't. I blame it on my move and that I'm reading so little lately.

2. Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao - Add to Goodreads
I actually started to read this book about a month ago and I never read more than the first chapter. It was one of my most anticipated debuts and yet I still haven't read it. I do want to read so hopefully, finally.

3. Imprudence by Gail Carriger - Add to Goodreads
This is the last Gail Carriger book that I need to read (not counting the novellas) and I have been wanting to read it (or listen to the audiobook) for months now after listening to Prudence but I still haven't done. Definitely next month.

4. A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis - Add to Goodreads
I read my first Mindy McGinnis book last year and really loved it. I have been wanting to read more and this is totally a me book and despite being given a copy I have not yet read it. I think this month might be the opportunity.

January: Fantasy

5. The Hazel Wood by Melissa Alpert - Add to Goodreads
I am really excited about this 2018 debut. it sounds completely amazing and I think I know a few bloggers who have already read it and loved it. I got a copy at ALA so I want to read it in January when I'm typically in the mood for some fantasy.

6. Between the Blade and the Heart by Amanda Hocking - Add to Goodreads
I am so excited for the books inspired by Vikings that are coming out next year and this is the first. One of many Viking Inspired fantasies. I was sent a copy of the book from the publisher and I cannot wait to read it.

7. Reign the Earth by A.C. Gaughen - Add to Goodreads
I really enjoyed the Scarlet series so I am super excited about more books from A.C. Gaughen. But even if this book wasn't written by an author that I love, I still would want to read it because it's a fantasy with elemental magic and political intrigue.

8. Gunslinger Girl by Lindsay Ely - Add to Goodreads
This book is not fantasy but you know me, I love a good YA Western. I'm also really intrigued by this one because I think it has like a sci-fi/dystopian vibe to it which means it will probably be very Westworld so I am very interested.

9. Unearthed by Aime Kaufman and Meagan Spooner - Add to Goodreads
Another book that is not a fantasy but a book I am super excited about because it is written by some favorite authors. I am so happy for Amie and Meagan to be writing together again but even more excited about this book because it is supposed to be a sci-fi Tomb Raider.

February: Dragons

10. The Sky is Yours by Chandler Klang Smith - Add to Goodreads
I snatched this book up on Netgalley because it's a dystopian where a futuristic city is plagued by dragons. I mean COME ON! How amazing does that sound? It sounds super unique and I am always looking for something different and unlike anything I have read before

11. Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman - Add to Goodreads
I really liked the Seraphina series so I am interested to read Hartman's next book. Plus this one too takes place in Gorred and is about dragons. Basically I am excited to dive back into this world but with a new character who seems like a kickass female.

12. Blood of a Thousand Stars by Rhoda Bellaza - Add to Goodreads
I loved Empress of a Thousand Skies. I think it was my favorite debut of last year. I am therefore super excited to read it's sequel. I'm excited for what happens next for Rhee and Aly. I'm expecting another action pack sci-fi story with tons of political intrigue.

There you have it. All the books I plan to read in the winter. Obviously I am still reading incredibly slowly so I may or may not read all of these but this is just some of my plan. What books made your list? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

3 comments:

  1. OOh nice! I still need to read Prudence! I am sooo behind!! I did just read Reign the Earth and the Hazel Wood though in the last few weeks! Both amazing reads! Hope you get to read all these this winter!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have copies of all the January: Fantasy books, but have not read any of them. I am the worst. I hope you get to these and enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, the cover for The Hazel Wood is so gorgeous, I feel like I'd be willing to read it based on that fact alone. :) Great list!

    ReplyDelete