Friday, March 2, 2018

February Wrap Up and March TBR

Read in February: Dragons

Ugh! Well that didn't go well. I had high hopes for February, but alas, work and life got in the way again and I didn't quite have the great reading month. I did not read that many books at all this month. If I'm being entirely honest it's because I would rather watch Outlander and other stuff on Netflix and Amazon instead of  I have a not quite actual goal of reading 10 books a month and after once again rushing to finish a comic I ended up reading 7 books. Not a great showing but it is what it is.

For challenges, this year I'm sort of only low key doing challenges. I set a Goodreads goal of reading 120 books in a year. I'm on track for that with 18 books total for the year but I should probably pick up steam a little. For the rest of the challenges I only low key set them. I want to read 20 debuts this year. I read one this month so I'm at three total. I want to read 36 books from Netgalley and Edelweiss and I only read 1 this month. I haven't really been reading e-books lately so this might be a problem. I also want to read 20 backlist books. This month I read 2 so I'm doing well on that.

The Books

1.) Reign the Earth by A.C. Gaughen Rating: 9.5 out of 10 [My Review]
2.) Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander  
(aka J.K. Rowling) Rating: 8.5 out of 10 [My Review]
3.) Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman Rating: 9 out of 10 [My Review]
4.) To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo Rating: 9 out of 10 [My Review]
5.) Talon by Julie Kagawa Rating: 8.5 out of 10 [My Review]
6.) Blood of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza 
Rating: 9 out of 10 [My Review]
7.) Supergirl Vol. 1: Reign of the Cyborg Superman by Steve Orlando,
Brian Ching, and Mike Ativen Rating: 8 out of 10 stars


To Be Read in March: Historical Fiction

I think it would be optimistic to read 12 books in March but a girl's gotta aim high. There are a few books I am super excited about and I have a few audiobook rereads planned so maybe I will be able to make it happen. We shall see.
Books for Review


The Radical Element by Jessica Spotswood and many  - Add to Goodreads
I am so excited for this book. I loved A Tyranny of Petticoats and I am super excited for another collection of short stories. Plus even more authors I love are featured in this book.

Chaotic Good by Whitney Gardner - Add to Goodreads
I really loved Whitney's Debut and I am excited for her next book. Plus I always really like contemporary reads with nerdy characters so this sounds right up my alley.

Nothing But Sky by Amy Trueblood  - Add to Goodreads
I am super excited about this book. I love historical books that have something to do with planes, I love books set in World War I, I like books about strong female characters and this combines all three.


Pacifica by Kristen Simmons Add to Goodreads
Despite having interest and even getting a few of her books I have year to read a Kristen Simmons. Maybe this will be my first.

Carmegie's Maid by Marie Benedict - Add to Goodreads
I picked this book up at ALA because Andrew Carnegie spent a lot of time in Pittsburgh. Also it sounded interesting.

New Releases



Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff Add to Goodreads
The last book in the Illuminae Files comes out this month! I can't wait. I'm so excited that I have already started my audio reread of the series.

The Wicked Deep by Shea Earnshaw Add to Goodreads
This book sounds totally amazing and I can't wait to read it. I preordered a copy and I can't wait for it to arrive. I mean it's about witches and sisters so yeah, I need to read it.

Bygone Badass Broads by Mackenzie Lee - Add to Goodreads
This book just came out and I am a huge fan of Mackenzi's and love her Bygone Badass Broads posts on Twitter. I'm going to her signing today in fact and can't wait!


Backlist Books


The Arsonist by Stephanie Oakes - Add to Goodreads
I have been wanting to read this book for ages. My friend Michelle let me borrow it and I really think this will be the time.

The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough - Add to Goodreads
I got a copy of this from a a TBTB Secret Santa (thanks, Alyssa!) and I have not yet read it. But it sounds really fantastic and I trust the recommendation.


There you have it. Some of the books I hope to read in March. As always, these are subject to change. I may read all of these or I may only read a few and then read a bunch of different ones. But honestly I think this list I can stick to. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

5 comments:

  1. I hope March is a better reading month for you. I’m excited for Obsidio and Bygone Badass Broads. I have The Arsonist on my TBR shelf, but I haven’t gotten to it yet.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, very nice post!! Hope you have a great March!!
    http://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/02/my-february-wrap-up-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope March is a good reading month for you! You have some amazing books picked out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt really sluggish this February too. I'm glad to see Blood of a Thousand Stars received such a high rating from you. It actually reminds me that I really need to start reading all the books I've bought this year. Happy March!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Wicked Deep and Bygone Badass Broads are both excellent books!

    ReplyDelete