Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Did Not DNF That I Should Have

A weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl

When I first started blogging I had a policy where I wouldn't DNF any books. But over time I changed that so that I wasn't forced to read a book I wasn't liking just to give it a bad review. But even then I don't really DNF a lot of books. So here are some I didn't DNF but wish I had.

1.) Three Princes by Ramona Wheeler
This is one of the first e-ARCs I got from Netgalley so I didn't want to stop reading it, even though I didn't really love it.

2.) Second Star by Alyssa Sheinmel
Peter Pan retellings are tough for me and this one just didn't do it for me. But it was a short book so I kept reading it, even though I didn't love it.

3.) Beasts Made of Night by Tochi Onyebuchi
I read a lot of YA Fantasies and they can't all be winners. This wasn't a bad read, it just wasn't one that I loved.

4.) The Huntress of Thornbeck by Melanie Dickerson
I thought this book was going to be a great YA historical but I didn't love the characters and the plot was super basic and I'm such a plot driven reader.


5.) The Blazing Star by Imani Josey
Another book that just didn't have a really great plot. I was excited about reading a book based on Egyptian mythology but I just didn't love this one.

6.) Girl About Town by Adam Shankman
I wanted this book to be a great mystery but it was not that at all. It was however a really short book so I kept reading it and finished it even though I wasn't enjoying it.

7.) Cure for the Common Universe by Christian NcKay Heidecker
I was super excited about this book with nerdy protagonists and an interesting setting but the characters were not at all likeable and you kind of have to like the character if the plot is their development.


8.) Glitter by Aprilynne Pike
This was such a cool concept and I had super high hopes but it just wasn't as good I was hoping. Another book that I wanted to have a great plot

9.) Sleeper by MacKenzie Cadenhead
To be honest, I don't remember anything about this book. That's not really a good sign, but also not abnormal for me. Although usually I remember the books I didn't like. With this book, blank.

10.) Thieving Weasels by Billy Taylor
Yeah, I thought this would be a fun and lighthearted heist novel. I don't know what it was, but it wasn't that. It was weird, like in a bad way.

There you have it, all the books I wish I had DNF'd. What books made your list? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

3 comments:

  1. Too bad you didn't like Glitter more. I loved it personally but I still need to buy myself the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second Star and Sleeper both look like they would be good, though I haven't seen them before.

    http://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/06/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-shouldve.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked Second Star. I thought it was an interesting retelling.

    ReplyDelete