Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Longest Books I've Ever Read

A weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl


1.) A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin
If I included these books separately they would make up half my list. I mean most of them are over 1,000 pages so that's really not much of a surprise.

2.) The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss
Another adult fantasy series which is amazing and super immersive with an author who is taking forever to finish the series. But the second book weighs in at a hefty 994 pages.

3.) Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
Not all the books in this series make this list but the last fur definitely do. Order of the Phoenix is the longest at 870 pages but Goblet of Fire and Dealthy Hallows are both over 700 pages.

4.) Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
I have only read the first book in this series and that is mostly because the length of these books makes it hard to read anything else and so I never continued. But the first one is 850 pages so it comes in at number 4.


5.) Winter by Marissa Meyer
The last book in The Lunar Chronicles series at 827 pages is so long they had to change the paper so it wasn't a massive brick of a book.

6.) The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
The last book in the Gemma Doyle trilogy is a very serious 819 pages. Libba has been known to write long books since then and I am kind of surprised that none of the books in The Diviners series made the list.

7.) The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James
Is this really the only classic that made my list? How have I not read some tomes like War and Peace? Well, either way, I actually loved this book and it's one that I changed my mind about after going back to these 797 pages years later.


8.) Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer
Am I surprised and a little embarrassed that this book made my list? Yes. Yes I am. But it is 756 pages so for someone who has read mostly YA in the past 10 years that is not much of a surprise I guess.

9.) Lies of Locke Lamora by Stephen Lynch
I have only read the first book in this series for mostly the same reason I haven't finished Outlander. I guess I just don't want to devote that much time on one book.

10.) The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
One of my all-time favorite reads is this 704 pages. I have read this book multiple times and it is definitely a fast read despite the amount of pages.

There you have it, the longest books I have read! All of them are over 700 pages. What books made your list? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

1 comment:

  1. My longest book of the year (and ever) was Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon. It was 1,070 pages and I still can't believe I actually managed to finish it. lol

    ReplyDelete