Monday, October 1, 2018

September Wrap Up and October TBR

Read in September:

I honestly cannot believe how much reading I did this month. Like I have been slowly building up since the spring but this is the best I have had in over a year. Some of these books were really amazing too. I got to marathon a series I know a lot of people love, and I made some really good progress on my ALA books. Because dudes, I read a total of 16 books this month. Managing to read this many books in a much in a month is definitely a big accomplishment and puts me ahead for my Goodreads goal. It's not on track for my original goal of 150 but it's still really good.

For challenges, this year I'm low key doing challenges. I set a Goodreads goal of reading 120 books in a year. I am up to 100 books for the year and feeling really good about meeting this goal. Even if I have some lighter months I will still make it. For the rest of the challenges I only low key set them. I want to read 20 debuts this year and I didn't read any this month. Oops. I'm still at 10 total for the year which is behind schedule but it is what it is. Maybe I should try and hit 12 instead. I want to read 36 books from Netgalley and Edelweiss and I didn't read any this month which brings my total up to 16 for the year. I haven't really been reading e-books lately and I didn't want to force myself to read one just for this challenge so whatever, who cares. I also want to read 20 backlist books. This month I read 4 which brings my total to 20 for the year so hey, I beat one goal.

The Books


1.) City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab Rating: 9 out of 10 [My Review] 
2.) A Room Away from the Wolves by Nova Ren Suma Rating: 7.5 out of 10 [My Review]
3,) Saga Vol. 3 by Brian K. Vaughn and Fiona Staples Rating: 9.5 out of 10
4.)  Sadie by Courtney Summers Rating: 9.5 out of 10 [My Review]
5.) Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor Rating: 9 out of 10 [My Review]
6.) The Wrong Number by R.L. Stine Rating 7 out of 10 [Podcast Website]
7.) Strange Grace by Tess Gratton Rating: 7 out of 10 stars [My Review]
8.) The Agony House by Cherie Priest Rating: 9.5 out of 10 [My Review]
9.) Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor  Rating: 9.5 out of 10 [My Review]
10.) The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzi Lee Rating: 9 out of 10  [My Review
11.) Wires and Nerve Vol. 2: Gone Rogue by Marissa Meyer and Stephen Gilpin Rating: 8.5 out of 10
12.) Saga Vol. 4 by Brian K. Vaughn and Fiona Staples Rating: 9 out of 10
13.) Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor Rating: 9 out of 10 stars [Review to Come]
14.) Night of Cake and Puppets by Laini Taylor Rating: 9 out of 10 stars
 15.) The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White Rating: 8.5 out of 10 [Review to Come]
16.) Vengeful by V.E. Schwab Rating: 9.5 out of 10 stars [Review to Come]

To Be Read in October: 

And here is hoping that I can continue the strong reading month. I have a ton of books I want to read which is why I am hoping I am able to read them all. I love this time of year because all the amazing books that are coming out but that means there are a lot of books I want to read.

Books for Review

Witchborn by Nicholas Bowling - Add to Goodreads
I love reading books about witches, especially in the fall and this one is not only that but historical fantasy so like obviously I need to read it.

Grim Lovelies by Meaghan ShepardAdd to Goodreads
I am so excited to read this book. Historical Paris is definitely what I have been wanting to read and this is also a historical fantasy. It's everything I wanted.

Give the Dark My Love by Beth Revis - Add to Goodreads
This was one of the books I was hoping to read last month that didn't get the chance to read. But I have heard really good things about it so here's hoping I can get to it this month.



Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor - Add to Goodreads
I decided to listen to the audiobook because Steve West. It comes out tomorrow and I cannot wait to read it.

When We Caught Fire by Anna Godbersen - Add to Goodreads
I absolutely loved The Luxe series and I am super excited for another Anna Godberson historical novel. I am planning to go to a signing with her tomorrow and I can't wait.

Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand Add to Goodreads
Claire will also be at that signing and when I saw her at Boston Teen Author Fest she mentioned this book was horror, which is obviously the perfect book for fall.


The Boneless Mercies by April Genevieve Tucholke - Add to Goodreads
This author has been on my list of books to read for a long time and this book sounds completely amazing. I love YA fantasy and assassins so I'm in.

Blanca and Roja by Anna-Marie McLemore - Add to Goodreads
I love Anna-Marie's books and I am so excited to read her latest. I am planning to go to Boston Book Fest and Anna-Marie will be there so I am hoping to read this beforehand.

The Assassin's Guide to Love and Treason by Virginia Boeckler - Add to Goodreads
This is such a me book. As previously stated, I love assassins and also historical fiction so like the combination of the two is my favorite.

New Releases



Two Dark Reigns by Kendare Blake - Add to Goodreads
Kendare is another author who will be at that book signing I am going to tomorrow. I'm not up to date on this series yet so I will probably get the latest and do just that.


Backlist Books


One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake - Add to Goodreads
See above. I am hoping to finish this series and I still need to read this book.

There you have it. Some of the books I hope to read in July. As always, these are subject to change. I may read all of these or I may only read a few and then read a bunch of different ones. But honestly I think this list I can stick to. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, great job on all the books you read last month. I'm glad you finally got to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone and the rest. Love that series. I really want to read Vengeful soon (finally read Vicious last month and loved it). I also want to read The Agony House, Sadie, Sawkill Girls, City of Ghosts, Boneless Mercies, AND The Assassin's Guide to Love and Treason. Man, that's a lot! lol I love October reading. :)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete