Friday, September 5, 2014

Feature and Follow Friday #40

A weekly meme hosted by Alison Can Read & Parajunkee's View

How it Works: 

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you visit the blogs of our illustrious hosts and leave your name on the post using using the linky tools, then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!

What sets this Hop apart from others, is our Feature. Each week we will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Find out below. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow our Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy. How do you follow someone? Well, if you have a preference, state it in your #FF post. A lot of blogs are transitioning to Wordpress in which they do not have the luxury of GFC, so an RSS subscription is appreciated or if you choose an email subscription. If you don't have GFC please state in your post how you would like to be followed.

This Week's Question: 

Are you also a writer and what genre or did you ever consider writing?

This Week's Answer: 

So I wouldn't call myself a writer by any stretch of the work. I have very little interest in being published or having anyone read anything I write but I do enjoy the actual practice of creating stories. I do consider myself a creative thinker and have had so many ideas for books circulating in my head. Last year I took part in NaNoWriMo for the first time and I really enjoyed it. It was nice to put one of those ideas that was just an idea into reality. And while I didn't actually finish the book, I did write the 50,000 words. The book was sort of a Cozy Mystery. I'm considering doing NaNo again this year and either finishing this book or do a different one. I've had an idea for an NA Contemp running through my head a lot lately so maybe I'll get it out of my brain by working on it.
How about you? Are you a writer or do you want to be? Leave me a comment with your thoughts.

 And remember this is a blog hop so take a look around and if you like what you see give me a follow and leave me a comment so I can follow back. I am indifferent to the manner in which you follow so pick your poison: GFC, Bloglovin, and/or Twitter. I'm also on YouTube now so you can check me out HERE and subscribe! I've been posting videos every Friday!

Thanks for dropping by, Happy FF and HAPPY READING!

6 comments:

  1. NaNoWriMo is super intimidating. I don't think I've ever reached the 50,000 goal either. However, it is fun since it gets you to try to write more and you can meet other writers. I hope you take part in it again (if only so it'll inspire you to write more which is never a bad thing :) )

    New GFC Follower

    Kat @ Readiculous Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find NaNoWriMo pretty intimidating too. I've thought about doing it, but just don't know how I'd fit in the time it would take.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's great you did NaNoWriMo is very intimidating. Looking at your comments about I am glad I am not the only who thinks that lol! I think it's great that you write just for you. Your stories do sound fun, a cozy mystery? Sign me up!
    New bloglovin follower =)
    Here's my F&F http://bookstothetea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree =) NaNoWriMo is a bit intimidating, but I think it's supposed to break bad habits of procrastination or something. Not even sure i'll participate, due to certain events Im hosting on my blog in the future, but it was cool to try!

    I like writing on my own time! But I co-write with my sissy, and we're planning on a release in the next few months. YA and Adult fantasy/sci fi type genres!

    New Follower via Bloglovin and GFC!

    Guinevere & Libertad @ Twinja Book Review's #FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh nice! I admire anyone who can and loves to write! I love to write as well and really want to be published one day. I need to get my act back together though as I haven't been doing much in the past few months. I lost my muse, but this question today has her clamoring!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so great that you have a lot of ideas and that you've gotten started on something. I have the desire to write but I lack inspiration. Good luck with your writing and with finishing that book! I love mysteries! New bloglovin' follower.
    Kim @ Bookworm Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete