Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon


A weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine


Title: The Mime Order
Series: The Bone Season #2
Author: Samantha Shannon
Published: January 27, 2015 by Bloomsbury

Synopsis: Paige Mahoney has escaped the brutal penal colony of Sheol I, but her problems have only just begun: many of the fugitives are still missing and she is the most wanted person in London.

As Scion turns its all-seeing eye on Paige, the mime-lords and mime-queens of the city’s gangs are invited to a rare meeting of the Unnatural Assembly. Jaxon Hall and his Seven Seals prepare to take center stage, but there are bitter fault lines running through the clairvoyant community and dark secrets around every corner.

Then the Rephaim begin crawling out from the shadows. But where is Warden? Paige must keep moving, from Seven Dials to Grub Street to the secret catacombs of Camden, until the fate of the underworld can be decided. Will Paige know who to trust? The hunt for the dreamwalker is on.

Why I'm Waiting 

I read The Bone Season in April (FULL REVIEW) as part of my Dystopia month (even though this book is set in the future it is more Urban Fantasy or straight Science Fiction) and was slightly nervous about reading it because of the hype surrounding it as "the next Harry Potter." But when I got into reading I was blown away at how creative and complex the book was. When I judged it on it's own merit rather than comparing it to previous books that I loved, I found that I really enjoyed it a lot.

The world that Samantha Shannon created is both confusing and awe inspiring. The way she combined elements of Fantasy, Mythology, and Technology to create something compelling and addicting at the same time. The plot was full of mystery and despite being an exposition story to set up this series it developed at breakneck speed and kept me on the edge of my seat. The characters are also fantastic and I began to like Paige, our MC, very quickly but was even more a fan of the secondary characters who are well-rounded and likable.

I'm so anxious to see how this series develops! I need to continue with Paige's story! I'm interested to see what happens when she returns to London especially with Scion, the dubious government entity. I'm really excited to spend some more time with the clairvoyant community like the Seven Seals and see Paige spend some more time in the Ether. I'm also excited to see how things develop with the Rephaim!

I was recently approved for an Advanced Reader Copy of the book on Netgalley (Thanks Bloomsbury) and it has taken so much self-control not to drop everything and start reading it right away!


What about you? What are you waiting for this Wednesday? Have you read The bone Season? Are you waiting on The Mime Order along with me? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stop

6 comments:

  1. I honestly haven't picked up The Bone Season for that exact reason, I was worried I would be extremely disappointed and confused while reading it. But now I'm thinking about picking it up!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good! I think the best thing to do is view it on it's own merits rather than compare it to other books. When I forced myself to do that, I really liked it.

      Delete
  2. I just got the Bone Season and am excited to read it! Great pick!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice! I still need to read The Bone Season! Forever behind on my reads!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forever behind in my reads? #storyofmylife

      Hope you love The Bone Season. Sometimes I use the next book coming out as an excuse to read the book I need to read! You should that with this series!

      Delete