Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I've Read That I Hope to Get as Gifts

A weekly meme by The Broke and the Bookish

I think often there is this tendency when it comes to gifts to desperately want new and exciting things. And I know my family doesn't like getting me books that I have already read, but like I want books that I loved but I don't have copies of. So in case my family gets a peak at this, these are the books I want you to buy for me that I have already read.


1.) La Belle Sauvage by Phillip Pullman - Buy It
I seriously loved this book. I listened to the audiobook and I am so glad that I did because it was amazing. But the finished copies are gorgeous. They have this beautiful woodcut illustration. And I just want this beautiful book on my shelf next to my His Dark Materials books.

2.) Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhode Belleza - Buy It
Another book where I listened to the audiobook. It's one of my favorite debuts of the year and I would really love to own a copy. Plus I think it would look amazing on my shelf because I like the cover a lot. Plus I'm trying to decide if I want to buy the sequel or get the audio

3.) The Empress by S.J. Kincaid - Buy It
I actually ordered a copy of this book but after I moved I forgot to change my address so they sent the book to my old address. And I didn't want to order another copy. So I hope whoever moved into my apartment likes it along with two Ipsy bags.

4.) Carry On by Rainbow Rowell - Buy It
I mean, I already own a copy of this book but I am OBSESSED with the paperback. It has the most beautiful illustration by Kevin Wada and I cannot with how amazing Baz looks. I mean Simon too but mostly Baz. I want it!


5.) The Diviners and Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray - Buy It
I really love the redesigned covers for this series. They're super dark and look much more like the historical horror that it is. I am not the kind of person who needs my covers to match but I kind of want them to match Before the Devil Breaks You because I love the redesigns.

6.) The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh  - Buy It
I actually have an ARC from this book but I want a finished copy to match my copy of The Rose and the Dagger. And frankly I would even take the original paperback which has that badass image of Shazi looking all amazing.

7.) The Skylighter by Becky Wallace- Buy It
Another book that I have an ARC for that I want a finish copy for because it would match the series. Plus honestly, I really like this series and I want a copy of The Skylighter on my favorites shelf.


8.) Paper and Fire and Ash and Quill by Rachel Caine - Buy It
I have a physical ARC for the second book in the series which usually is enough for me, but I think the design of these so much that I want a finished copy. Plus I only have an e-ARC of the third book and I want that pretty cover as well.

9.) Retribution Rails by Erin Bowman - Buy It
I have an e-ARC for this book but I love the cover so much and I want a finished copy. I have a physical ARC of Vengeance Road and a copy of that would be great as well but like I NEED this one because it's so pretty.


10.) Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff - Buy It
I have a physical ARC of this book as well but some of the graphics are not complete. It would be great to have the copy with all the deaths because I know a few of the people listed. Plus I want the drawings that Marie Lu did!

11.) Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo - Buy It
I have a physical ARC of this one as well but it is Leigh Bardugo and Wonder Woman. I want a finished copy so I can add it to my self and support Leigh at the same time.

12.) A Darker Shade of Magic: Collectors Edition by Victoria Schwab - Buy It
I am not usually one of those people who need special editions and multiple copies of different books. But I love this series and I want the collectors edition because it has that gorgeous design by Crini under the jacket!

There you have it. All the books I have read which I don't have copies of but am hoping to get copies of this Christmas. What books made your list. Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

5 comments:

  1. Aaagh, there are so many cool titles on this list! I'm considering buying the Diviners new covers, too... mainly because it's bugged me having a different cover for each new installment in the series! And I'm not a huge collector's edition person, either, but man, does that Darker Shade of Magic cover look beautiful. :) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not like those redesigned for the 3rd time Diviners covers. But I still want the books. Also that face book freaks me out-- probably because I looked at it 100 times without ever noticing it. Freaky. I like to get my fave books that I've already read too. I don't know why people think that is weird, but a lot of people do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh nice ones!! See a few that I still need to read such as The Skylighter! Omg how have I not read this one yet?! And I Darken and the second AND third Diviners books! I am SO behind!! Hope you get to have some of these as gifts under the tree next week!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Illuminae Files is one of my favorite series!!! Gemina was so good. The Wrath and the Dawn is so beautifully written, and I just adored Shahrzad was such an amazing heroine. I also love ADSoM. Suchwab is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand wanting to own a book you've already read because you know for sure that you love it! It's a gamble (to me anyways) spending money on a book that may not be any good.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete