Friday, December 19, 2014

Feature and Follow Friday:

A weekly meme hosted by Alison Can Read & Parajunkee's View

How it Works: 

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you visit the blogs of our illustrious hosts and leave your name on the post using using the linky tools, then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!

What sets this Hop apart from others, is our Feature. Each week we will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Find out below. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow our Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy. How do you follow someone? Well, if you have a preference, state it in your #FF post. A lot of blogs are transitioning to Wordpress in which they do not have the luxury of GFC, so an RSS subscription is appreciated or if you choose an email subscription. If you don't have GFC please state in your post how you would like to be followed.

This Week's Question: 

Do you have a go to genre when you're happy, sad, or angry? - Suggested by Take Me Away...

This Week's Answer: 

This is a tough question for me. Because the answer is no but it's also kind of yes. I'm not a mood reader. I'm a planner. I pick my TBR and I read those books. So regardless of my current mood I don't change what I'm reading. But if I am in a book slump then I do like to reread a favorite book. Usually Harry Potter (most of the time HBP) but sometimes something else that will restore my love of reading. But I think even if I were a mood reader I feel like I would pick up a book that matches those feelings. Like if I'm feeling angry I would read something really violent, and if I'm sad I would read something really sad. I like things to validate my feelings and have a cathartic release. I actually have a tendency to read certain parts in Harry Potter based on my mood. Like if I need a good cry I will read a certain chapter. I feel like that's not normal so I thought I would share.

So there you go, a very rambly explanation on what I like to read when I'm happy sad, or angry. Are you a mood reader or do you plan out what to read? Do you like your reading to match your mood or do you want the opposite? Leave me a comment of your thoughts.

And remember this is a blog hop so take a look around and if you like what you see give me a follow and leave me a comment so I can follow back. I am indifferent to the manner in which you follow so pick your poison: GFC, Bloglovin, and/or Twitter.

Thanks for dropping by, Happy FF and HAPPY READING!

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you a bit. I have books on my TBR and I plan what I read, at least a couple of books ahead of time. But sometimes if I am in the mood for something lighter or if I am feeling sad and need a happy read, I turn to a romance book. Works every time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I stick to my TBR Mountain of Doom as well--can't keep calling it a pile anymore--so I go with whatever I'm reading at the moment that came from it. I haven't re-read anything in a loooong time...seriously can't even remember what one would have been re-read last.


    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your rambly answer. New follower via GFC and bloglovin. Thanks for stopping by my site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh Im just like you! I read what matches my mood. :-)
    ~Britt @kalebsmome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I'm a new GFC follower! Happy Holidays!

    Check out my FF at Stuffed Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  6. I change what I'm reading all the time (as long as it's not a scheduled review). I'm someone that can put something down for a year and pick back up where I left off without forgetting too much. Jessi The Book Cove

    ReplyDelete