Thursday, August 11, 2016

Pokemon Go Book Tag



Hi Friends,
I love a good book tag. And what better one to do than the fad of the summer, Pokemon Go. And while the amount of Pokemon I am playing has slipped a little bit lately, I still love this tag so I thought I would do it today.

This tag was created by Read at Midnight and I saw Bekka at Pretty Deadly Reviews and Angie at Disquietus do it recently so I am linking to all those posts for you. The general idea is pretty obvious, answer questions relating to Pokemon Go with book. Okay, let's go!

I was a big reader when I was a kid. Obviously I was all about the American Girl books, Kirsten and Felicity were my favorites. But I also loved The Babysitter's Club, The Boxcar Children, and Goosebumps. Also shout out to Little Golden Books.


Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. This is one of my all-time favorite books and I will never get sick of reading it. I've reread it multiple times and I still love it and I still cry every time I read it. I know that the sad stuff is coming I just still get so sad!


This one is tough for me. Just because the sequel is coming out soon and I'm not super interested in reading it I am going to go with An Ember in the Ashes/A Torch Against Night by Sabaa Tahir. I had some issues with the first book but I was still planning on listening to the audio, but the hype around the second one is turning me off a little.


This one is really hard for me to think of. I usually don't like super trope-y books but love when they play with the tropes. But one book I read recently that I really liked despite the fact that it was definitely full of classic YA tropes, mystery tropes, and supernatural romance tropes is How to Hang a Witch by Adriana Mather. So let's go with that.


I'm listing a book and a series. For book, Anna Karenina. It's one of my best friends favorite books, she bought me a copy and I still haven't read it. For series, the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. There are twelve books in that series and they are all super long.


Tough question for me because I don't usually stay up late to read, out of principal. But I think for this I am going to say the Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling. Just because we all have Harry Potter fever again and this is a series that I definitely stayed up reading back in the day. When Deathly Hollows came out I even took the day off work so I could read.


I have seen people list a ton of these but being romancephobic I will name my favorites. Vin and Elend in the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson, All the ships in The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer especially Cress and Thorne, Pynch in The Raven Cycle by Maggie Steifvater, David and Megan in The Reckoners trilogy by Brandon Sanderson, Dorian and Manon in Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas.

Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin. This book is definitely fast-paced and full of action with really high stakesI mean I don't know what this means by fire hot. You mean like steamy romantic stuff. This one is swoony. Does that count? I'm counting it.

Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson. I love this world so much that I want all the books set within it. I love that Sanderson's original plan was to make a trilogy of trilogies and then he added an additional time period which was supposed to be 3 more books and turned into 4. And then there was the surprise novella. Love it. All the Mistborn.


There is a handful of books that are sad on purpose that I didn't think I would like as much because they're not really my thing. I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios, The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz, More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera.



Oh man, what's with the tough questions. I am going to say the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas. This series is everywhere in the blogosphere. I'm unlike a lot of people when I think the last couple books are better than the first few. And I seriously cannot wait for Empire of Storms.


There are a lot of International editions that I would like to own but instead I am going to say that I wish I owned the 20th anniversary editions for the His Dark Materials series. The Golden Compass one came out last year and it is freaking gorgeous! I need that one and the other two as well.


There are a handful of debuts coming out later this year that I am super excited to read. I think right now I'm probably going to say Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco because I've in addition to it being a highly anticipated debut, fellow bloggers I trust have loved it, and historical mysteries are working well for me lately.

Victoria Schwab. I recently read This Savage Song and loved it so much. Because how could I not love it. Victoria is fantastic. It doens't matter if it is YA or adult, she knows how to write a fantastic book with fascinating characters and a dark and enthralling fantasy world.


Winds of Winter by George R.R, Martin. How long have I been waiting on this book? So long. I mean I was a little late to this series and I feel like it's been an eternity. And now with the TV show being past the books all I can think about is what in the show is canon and what is the showrunners just making something they think is interesting. I MUST KNOW!

Now to tag people. I never know who to tag with these. If you want to do it, consider yourself tagged. But if you need a little extra prodding, I'm going to tag all my fellow members of Team Mystic.

Are you playing Pokemon Go? What team are you? What level are you? Do you take over gyms or just catch Pokemon? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

2 comments:

  1. Alright, I'm Team Instinct, level 20. I do take over gyms occasionally - I need the pokecoins to buy pokeballs. My aim is really bad.
    I may have to do this. Some of the questions are pretty tough though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My aim is really bad too. It's been helped by the fact that I turned AR off. It's much easier to hit them that way. And as long you're not Team Valor. Just kidding, I don't really care about the rivalry. Mostly because I don't conquer gyms.

      Delete