Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo

A weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: Crooked Kingdon
Series: The Dregs #2
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Published: September 27, 2016 by Henry Holt Co. (Macmillan)

Synopsis: Kaz Brekker and his crew have just pulled off a heist so daring even they didn't think they'd survive. But instead of divvying up a fat reward, they're right back to fighting for their lives. Double-crossed and left crippled by the kidnapping of a valuable team member, the crew is low on resources, allies, and hope. As powerful forces from around the world descend on Ketterdam to root out the secrets of the dangerous drug known as jurda parem, old rivals and new enemies emerge to challenge Kaz's cunning and test the team's fragile loyalties. A war will be waged on the city's dark and twisting streets―a battle for revenge and redemption that will decide the fate of magic in the Grisha world.

Why I'm Waiting 

I loved Six of Crows. I mean I love Leigh Bardugo. I was a big fan of the Grisha trilogy and I really liked the idea that she was expanding that universe by setting a series in a different location. Plus Six of Crows and the Dregs duology is even more up my alley. It's the same magical system but in a place with a strong criminal underground which was fantastic. Plus it's a heist novel about six unlikely heroes. They are thieves and rogues who are dark and hard to like sometimes but that's what makes them all the more amazing that way. Plus the way that book ended, ugh I have been waiting forever (aka almost a year) to find out will would happen next.

So naturally this has been one of my post anticipated books for the fall. I have had the book preorder for months now and I cannot wait to get my hands on a copy. Not to mention that these are some amazingly designed books with a gorgeous cover, beautiful chapter headings, and colored edges. You guys this book has red edges! I am so worried that this means blood. I need mor Kaz, Inej, Nina, Matthias, Jesper, and Wylan but I'm terrified by what will happen to them. I need this book to find out!


What about you? What are you waiting for this Wednesday? Are you waiting on Crooked Kingdom along with me? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

6 comments:

  1. I have heard so many good things about SoC but I just haven't managed to get around to reading it yet. Ahhhh- at least I won't have to wait for the sequel! ;)

    My #WoW is on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niiice! Somehow managed to wait to read Six of Crows for the sole purpose of binging these!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH YESSSS!!! I NEED THIS ONE LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeeessss, I can't wait to read this book as well! I'm a little nervous, but very, very excited. I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete