Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday - Characters I Liked from Books I Didn’t Love

A weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl



1.) Nora in The League of American Traitors by Matthew Landis - My Review
I was super pumped to read a historical mystery about traitors and dealing a bit with the American Revolution. There were some really great odious characters in this book especially Nora. She was my favorite.

2.) Kate in Girl in Disguise by Greer Mcallister - My Review
After reading this book I realized I just don't like this author's style. But I did really like the main character of Kate. How could the first female Pinkerton detective not be amazing (spoiler: she was amazing).

3.) Alex in Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Cordova - My Review
I had super high hopes for this YA Fantasy but it didn't impress me as much and I would have hoped. But I did enjoy the main character. Her desire to get her family back and make up for her mistakes was super relatable.

4.) Lucy in Lucy and Linh by Alice Pung - My Review
I didn't love this book because it was a little bit slower and more character-driven than I usually like. But I did like Lucy as a main character. She's compassionate and caring which made it easy to like her.


5.) Anna in American Girls by Alison Umminger - My Review
This book was fine, I liked it enough, but it didn't blow me away. What I did like about the main character though was that she was a totally realistic teenage girl. She was kind of an unlikable protagonist but that is why I liked her.

6.) All the secondary characters in Cure for the Common rUniverse by Christian Heidecker - My Review
I really did not like this book. One of the main reasons was because I did not like the main character, he was the literal worst. The secondary characters were great though. They were fun and likable.

7.) Fei in Soundless by Richelle Mead - My Review
I didn't think the plot in this book was great but I did like the characters. Fei was a good main character in that she was an unlikely heroine and I am a fan of that.

8.) Mori in Lock and Mori by Heather W. Petty - My Review
Probably I didn't like this book because I don't like Sherlock Holmes (DON'T AT ME!). Probably I liked Mori because I didn't like Lock.


9.) Cyn in The Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Hermann - My Review
I did not enjoy this book. There were way too many character perspectives and because of that some characters got more attention than they should have and others got less. I wanted more from Cyn. She was fascinating.

10.) Aaron in More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera - My Review
I didn't hate this book. In fact I liked it way more than I thought I would based on some of the things that happened. But I did like the main character. He was geeky and relateable.

11.) Bree in Taken by Erin Bowman - My Review
I've loved Erin's historical novels but her dystopians were not great. And this is one of those books where I did not like the main character but the secondary characters were really interesting.

12.) Ridley in Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl - My Review
I really did not like this book. It was predictable, cliché, and the way it ended was super frustrating. I didn't like most of the characters but Ridley was super fun.

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes, now that you mention Fei, I can remember not digging the book super much but still liking Fei! I guess I would've had 1 if I had done this topic! Lol! As it was, I had to tweak it!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only one of these I've read is Legacy of Kings and I don't remember Cyn! XD Labyrinth Lost is on my TBR so I'm glad to hear it has a good main character!

    ReplyDelete