Monday, April 2, 2018

March Wrap Up and April TBR

Read in March: Historical Fiction

Well, all things considered that wasn't too bad a month. I read a total of 12 books, which for what I did last month that is huge. I'll be honest, I didn't do a lot of posts and I read a lot of short books and rereads but it is actually good to have read a dozen books in a month. I have not been reading a lot lately so the fact that I had a decent month in March, one that felt more like my reading output a year ago.

For challenges, this year I'm sort of only low key doing challenges. I set a Goodreads goal of reading 120 books in a year. I am surprisingly on track for that with 30 books total for the year. I still want to pick up steam a little but I feel good about it. For the rest of the challenges I only low key set them. I want to read 20 debuts this year. I read two this month so I'm at 5 total for the year which is also on track. I want to read 36 books from Netgalley and Edelweiss and I read 3 this month which brings my total up to 6 for the year. I haven't really been reading e-books lately so I am still behind on this one but we'll see. I also want to read 20 backlist books. This month I read 2 which brings my total to 6 for the year so I'm doing well on that.

The Books
 
1.) Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff Rating: 9.5 out of 10 [Original Review]
2.) The Radical Element by Jessica Spotswood and more Rating: 9 out of 10 [My Review]
3.) Opal by Maggie Steivater  Rating: 8.5 out of 10
4.)  Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff Rating: 9/5 out of 10 [My Review]
5.) The Wicked Deep by Shae Earnshaw Rating: 8.5 out of 10 [My Review]
6.) Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff  Rating: 10 out of 10 [My Review]
7.) Chaotic Good by Whitney Gardner Rating: 8.5 out of 10 [My Review]
8.) The Arsonist by Stephanie Oakes Rating: 9.5 out of 10 stars [My Review]
9.) Bygone Badass Broads by Mackenzi Lee Rating: out of 10 [My Review]
10.) Runaways Vol. 7: Live Fast by Brian K. Vaughn,
Adrian Alphona, and Mike Norton Rating: 9 out of 10 stars
11.) Nothing but Sky by Amy Trueblood Rating: 8 out of 10 stars [Review to Come]
12.) The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenborough
Rating: 9 out of 10 stars [Review to Come]

To Be Read in April: Contemporary

My goal was to read a dozen books in March and I did just that. yes, sure, I didn't read all the books I planned to read but still. I'd like to do that again in April so let's see. There are a few books I am super excited about  and I have a handful of audiobooks planned so I may be able to do it. Let us see.

Books for Review



In Her Skin by Kim Savage  - Add to Goodreads
I started this one over the weekend and I am not too far in but I am enjoying it. It's a short read and I am hoping to finish it by the end of the week.

Sky in the Deep by Adrian Young - Add to Goodreads
I am so excited for this book. It is my most anticipated debut and I have been waiting to read it! It is finally the time and I CAN'T WAIT!

Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian  - Add to Goodreads
Another debut I am really excited to read that I have been waiting on. This book comes out later in the month and I am excited to read it. I mean I love a good YA fantasy.
Tyler Johnson Was Here by Jay Coles Add to Goodreads
I have an e-ARC of this one and it sounds like a really interesting and diverse contemporary. I am hoping to get to it if I can get through some of the other e-books first.

New Releases


Not if I Save You First by Ally Carter Add to Goodreads
I love me some Ally Carter and I am super excited for her next contemporary mystery/thriller. This book came out a week ago and I have a copy I need to read. 

Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli Add to Goodreads
I love me some Becky Albertalli books. She is so great at balancing the fun and lighthearted with serious. I'm so pumped for a Leah book too.

People Like Us by Dana Mele - Add to Goodreads
This is another mystery/thriller I am really excited to read and another debut I am exited about. I mean I love that it's a mystery and it takes place at a boarding school.

Defy the Worlds by Claudia Gray - Add to Goodreads
I loved Defy the Stars and I am super excited for the sequel. I am probably going to snag the audiobook for this one when it comes back tomorrow.

White Rabbit by Caleb Roehring - Add to Goodreads
I loved Caleb's debut and I am really interested to read his next book. It comes out at the end of the month and I may or may not pick up a copy.

Backlist Books


This Darkness Mine by Mindy McGinnis - Add to Goodreads
I have been wanting to read this book for ages. I loved Mindy's last contemporary and I want to read this one. I mean I've had a copy for so long and still haven't read it.

Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia - Add to Goodreads
I love books with nerdy characters and books which balance fun and light with serious. I feel like this book is like that. Plus I feel like I will definitely be able to relate a little to Eliza.

The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne - Add to Goodreads
I have been wanting to read this since before it came out and I always have some excuse for why I can't. Hopefully this month I won't have any excuses.


There you have it. Some of the books I hope to read in April. As always, these are subject to change. I may read all of these or I may only read a few and then read a bunch of different ones. But honestly I think this list I can stick to. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

3 comments:

  1. Sky in the Deep is one of my most anticipated books too. I hope it'll live up to the hype!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Her Skin was a darker read for me, but the story was quite engrossing, and told in an interesting way. I just finished Obsidio on Saturday. Man! I was a puddle of emotions. My head hurt from all the crying. It was great! I need me some Leah too. Albertalli always delights me. I hope you read and love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your review books, and 12 books is terrific, congrats!! I hope April goes well for you!!
    http://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/04/march-wrap-up-post.html

    ReplyDelete