Friday, February 27, 2015

Feature Follow Friday: Books to Save in a Fire

A weekly meme hosted by Alison Can Read & Parajunkee's View

How it Works: 

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you visit the blogs of our illustrious hosts and leave your name on the post using using the linky tools, then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!

What sets this Hop apart from others, is our Feature. Each week we will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Find out below. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow our Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy. How do you follow someone? Well, if you have a preference, state it in your #FF post. A lot of blogs are transitioning to Wordpress in which they do not have the luxury of GFC, so an RSS subscription is appreciated or if you choose an email subscription. If you don't have GFC please state in your post how you would like to be followed.

This Week's Question: 

Your house is burning down and you have time to select three books you own to take with you. What three books? - Suggested by Alison Can Read

This Week's Answer: 

Too hard to answer! I don't want to answer. I can't answer, I won't answer! Okay.. I'll answer but I'm going to cheat. I can't pick three books. It's a little dramatic to compare it to Sophie's choice but that's what it feels like.

So when I think of the books that I would want to save it's books that are "irreplaceable." So I'm going to pick three ARCs and three finished copies. So my three ARCs are a signed copy of The Magician's Land by Lev Grossman because I'm really attached to it after the tortured history we have had. A signed copy of NIL by Lynne Matson because that is my first physical I ever got. I won it from a contest Lynne had and it's got the old cover on it which I kind of love. And my ARC of The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh which I also won and haven't even been able to read yet.

As for finished copies I would pick my Italian version of Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling which I got in Florence when I was studying there and tried to translate. This copy of The Portrait of A Lady by Henry James which was a gift from my mom and I really love because she picked it out special and it's just a gorgeous version. Finally, my copy of Eats Shoots and Leaves by Lynne Truss. I was obsessed with this book in college. When I saw that my aunt had a copy she gave it to me. She passed away unexpectedly a few weeks later and it's the last thing she ever gave me. I'll always cherish it. Okay... So now I'm crying.

And what about you? What books would you save in a fire? Leave me a comment of your thoughts.

And remember this is a blog hop so take a look around and if you like what you see give me a follow and leave me a comment so I can follow back. I am indifferent to the manner in which you follow so pick your poison: GFC, Bloglovin, and/or Twitter. Or Goodreads. Feel free to friend me there! I love seeing what other people are reading and checking out their comments.

Thanks for dropping by, happy FF and HAPPY READING!

13 comments:

  1. Yeah, choosing three books is really impossible. I liked your answers though. When I did mine, I never thought of my signed copies. Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool copy of Half Blood Prince!! And I agree that saving ARCs make more sense. Most books are totally replaceable! Old follower :)

    Here's my F&F!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Wrath and the Dawn!! *heart eyes* hahaha~ That copy of Half Blood Prince is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your answers, and that copy of The Half-Blood Prince is awesome. I love that cover.

    I’m now following you on Bloglovin’.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome book picks! :) New follower via GFC, Bloglovin' and Goodreds. :)

    Danna @ A Reading Habit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I didn't like this question either. I should've cheated! I usually always cheat! But I answered in the "correct" way this time. But I've been replying in comment that I'm going to cheat! I'm going to smash my window open and start "gently" tossing my books outside since I have a ground floor window.

    Besides, the 3 books I need to save are buried on my closet shelf, might as well save them all. And 2 of my bookcases are blocking my window, so I might as well finagled them out the window and push them to safety!

    Then run like a madwoman in the rest of the house to save the rest of the books! LOL!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's impossible to actually just take 3. I think almost everyone would try to take as many as possible.
    Old follower.
    My FF: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/02/feature-follow-friday-3-3-books-youd.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your choices. I'm jealous of your ARC of The Wrath and the Dawn though! I want to read that one so badly! Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm an old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nil is one that I've been meaning to read and The Wrath and the Dawn just sounds so amazing! I can't wait for it to be released. Excellent choices! I'm a new bloglovin follower. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  10. The house is on fire not really gonna think about books :)
    I'm grabbing my tablet, my photo books and the signed books. I don't really have a favorite book I can't live without.

    My FF

    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats six lol...jk great picks
    New GFC follower
    You can see my FF at http://www.coffeeandcharacters.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aside from Harry Potter, I haven't heard of any of those books. I'll have to check them out!

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a hard question. But I would save my Kindle. That would save hundreds of books right there. :)

    ReplyDelete