Saturday, February 21, 2015

Love-A-Thon Introduction Post



Hi Everyone,
I'm so excited to take part in Book Blogger Love-a-Thon again this year. I had so much fun last year and met so many amazing blogs and bloggers throughout the process.  Book Blogger Love-a-Thon is a weekend long event, hosted by Alexa Loves Books, in the book blogger community to "share the love." There are challenges, twitter chats, and lots of fun activities. This is the first post, it is a very simple introduction so new and old followers and book bloggers can get to know you.

1. What is your name?
Cassi

2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA

3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
Five years ago I read a book I loved and wanted to gush about it. But I wasn't very good at updating back then. About a year and a half ago, I read a book I hated and I wanted to bitch about it and I remembered I had a blog. Since then I haven't stopped.

4. How did you come up with your blog name?
I wanted something that was a play on words with literature. And like most of the population I misuse the word literally but "My Thoughts Literately" doesn't have the same ring to it.

5. What genre do you read and review most on your blog?
Fantasy. 

6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
I always do Top Ten Tuesday and usually Feature and Follow Friday memes. Sometimes I do a Waiting on Wednesday. I also do a discussion post from time to time and a monthly feature I call "Crossing Over" where I recommend an "Adult" or "YA" book that is similar to another one with crossover appeal. 

7. Best blogging experience so far?
BEA last year. It so amazing to meet so many great bloggers and authors. I'm really excited to go back this year!

8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
The people. Everyone is really sweet and supportive and it's so great to chat about books and other things. I've met some really great people through blogging, both in person and online.

9. Name the 5 books you're most excited for this 2015!
This is such a loaded question! there are so many books coming out this year that I can't wait to read. Here are a few I have on preorder: A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab, A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas, The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater, The Rose Society by Marie Lu, and An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

10. What's an underrated book or series you think everyone should read?
Bitter Greens by Kate Forsyth (I mean it's not particularly under-rated but I think more people should read it, it's pretty fantastic and one of my favorites!

11. What book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
Just one? Impossible to pick! My favorite "sidekicks" are Hermione, Chubs and Vida in The Darkest Minds, and Samwell Tarly in ASOIAF. But as for main characters I love David in The Reckoners trilogy by Brandon Sanderson and Veronica Mars (there are books!)

12. Apart from reading what are your other hobbies or interests?
Does sleeping count? And procrastinating? No but seriously. I really don't do much besides read. I do like cooking, baking, and traveling and I used to crochet.

13. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
Nothing. To me shopping is like a layer of inferno unknown by Dante! Especially grocery shopping (which I may be doing right now) I like looking at art on Etsy and every once in a while I get the urge to buy some knew clothes but I'm to anti-social to be around other people in stores.

14. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song - and it's your song. What song would be playing?
Oh man. Right now I'm totally obsessed with Ed Sheeren's Thinking Out Loud and FourFiveSeconds by Rhianna and Kanye West. But I think if I were at a party I would like to hear something a little bit more upbeat like Shake it Off by Taylor Swift or something old school like NSync or Britney Spears.

15. Pick out wither a book you want turned into a film/TV show or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.
There are so many Fantasy/Sci Fi series I would love to see turned into movies or TV shows. The Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson, the Starbound Trilogy by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner, and The Young Elites by Marie Lu are probably top of my list at the moment. There is also a bunch that are kind of happening that I'm really excited about like The Magicians trilogy by Lev Grossman and The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken


What about you? Do we have anything in common? Leave me a comment and/or a link to your post and I check your post out. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

11 comments:

  1. HAHA I love how you got into/back into blogging. That's amazing.
    I can't believe I haven't visited your blog more often!!!! Turns out I wasn't following on Bloglovin (ugh, happens more often than you'd think) so now I am!
    YES to all of your 2015 books! and Mistborn! EEEEE.
    I need to check out your Crossing Over feature! I love crossover books or books with crossover appeal. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And no worries about not following. I forget who I have and haven't followed all the time.

      And yes, definitely check out Crossing Over. I love books with crossover appeal. I hate the people stick to one type of book when there are so many great ones that have been marketed one way or another, often by chance.

      Delete
  2. You are going to love ADSOM!! I'm so excited for ACOTAR too~ I wish I could go to BEA too! Are you going this year as well? I'd have to live vicariously through you if you go ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GAH! I cannot wait to read ADSOM! It's all I can think about honestly. My poor other books don't stand a chance.

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to finally attend BEA! I won't be able to go this year since I won't be finished with nursing school until July (hopefully), but I have plans to attend next year!

    I'm loving Thinking Out Loud right now, as well as Shake it Off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can go to BEA next year. Nursing school is very important though. My best friend is a nurse and I know she worked super hard during school. It's a thankless job.

      Delete
  4. I love how your blog name is a play on words haha. And I can't wait to go to BEA- someday!!
    Lol I TOTALLY count sleeping as a hobby. *high five*
    Spread the love <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks. I love puns. I suck at them, but I love them.

      Delete
  5. The people are definitely my favorite part of this blogging thing! Such a wonderful experience meeting many amazing individuals - like you :) Also, Bitter Greens is on my shelf! Just seeing you mention it makes me want to bump it up my TBR pile, which I might just end up doing...

    Thanks for joining the Love-a-Thon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm obsessed with Bitter Greens. It's beautiful and tragic and breathtaking! Read it and love it!

      Delete
  6. Great answers, Cassi! I am looking forward to those 2015 releases too. And it was SO HARD to stick to 5 books! :D
    Bitter Greens! I REALLY need to read it. I won a copy and it is sitting on my shelf waiting for me to read it. I will do it this year! I am so glad that you love that book so much, makes me more anxious to read it! :D
    Great book picks for being adapted to the screen. I do remember hearing that These Broken Stars was picked up to be adapted for TV. I am not sure when it will happen, but that it was optioned or something like that. (Which will be awesome. I plan to binge read the first 2 books this year.)
    I am so excited for you, that you will be going to BEA again this year! (A tiny bit jealous too because, OMG how fun and all the bloggers you will be able to hang out with!) You will have a blast again this year.
    And we will definitely need to hang out the next time I am in town. :D

    ReplyDelete