Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Fantasy Series I Can't Believe I Haven't Read

A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Promise you won't judge me for any the books on this list. I know I need to read them and I will do my best to read them as soon as possible.

1.) The Girl of Fire and Thorns trilogy by Rae Carson - Add to Goodreads
Everyone raves about this YA Fantasy series and I can't believe I haven't read it yet. I own the first book and it's taunting me on my shelf. I need the time to read this one sooner rather than later.

2.) Abhorsen Series by Garth Nix - Add to Goodreads
I don't know what I was reading in the 90's (Jurassic Park I think) but it apparently wasn't these books. Seriously, it has a talking cat! I even own the first two books. I wanted to read them when the prequel came out last fall but I never got the chance.

3.) Curse Worker's Trilogy by Holly Black - Add to Goodreads
I read my first Holly Black book last month (The Darkest Part of the Forest). I can't believe I haven't read this series, it sounds like something I would love when I learned about it a few years ago but I never got the chance to read them.

4.) Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta - Add to Goodreads
I've seen a lot of bloggers reading this series recently and it keeps reminding me I need to read it. It sounds like a series I would love and I've heard great things. People are flailing about the feels.

5.) The Diviners by Libba Bray - Add to Goodreads
I love Libba Bray and this is Historical Fantasy set in one of my favorite periods to read about. I can't believe I have't read it (it's happening very soon). I picked up a copy at Half Priced Books and I really can't wait to read it. I've been staring at it at my shelf and it's taunting me.


6.) Study Series by Maria V. Snyder - Add to Goodreads
I learned about this series a few years ago and it sounded like something I would really like. I know a lot of bloggers who I have similar taste with love it but I haven't read it yet. I new book is coming out and it's reminded me I haven't but need to read them.

7.) Sevenwaters Series by Juliet Marillier - Add to Goodreads
A friend who knows I like Fantasy recommended this series to me. It sounds fantastic and I can't believe I haven't read it. It's another series that has been out for awhile and I can't believe I haven't read it yet.

8.) Gentleman Bastards Series by Scott Lynch - Add to Goodreads
A heist series that I have heard great things about from fellow bloggers and Fantasy readers who have not steered me wrong with their recommendations. My Secret Sister bought me the first book back in September and I was planning to read it in March but I'm not sure if I will be able to get to it.

9.) The Parasol Protectorate Series by Gail Carriger - Add to Goodreads
I remember learning about this series when it first came out and I wanted to read it them. But I wasn't really interested in another vampire/werewolf story at the time. Then after reading a Gail Carriger series recently I can't understand why I didn't read them. I know some characters from that series are in this one so it makes me want to read it.

10.) Graceling Realm Trilogy by Kristen Cashore - Add to Goodreads
My favorite magical systems are those that are like superpowers, which this series is. A lot of books I have liked recently have been compared to this in their synopsis.  Plus I've heard great things about it. I picked up a copy of the first book and I would like to give it a try.

And that's my list. The top ten Fantasy series I haven't read yet. Have you read any of them? Which ones should I read first? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

14 comments:

  1. I had Daughter of the Forest on my shelf for years before I finally decided it was probably going to be one of those books that just takes up space and never gets read... Then I traded it in. Maybe one day I'll finally pick it up for real! Graceling is one that I really do want to read though! Great list :)

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read the Study series and I quite enjoyed it. My favourite thing about it was the characters, the plot was just ok for me. I look forward to reading the newest edition soon.
    Monique @ Mo_Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read Souless, White Cat, and Red Glove all of which are pretty fantastic! I can't wait to finish the Curse Worker trilogy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can vouch for The Fire and Thorns series and the Sevenwaters series. I've read some of the other books, but these two series are among my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard so many amazing things about The Diviners! If only mine was that kind of list, it would have definitely been on there. The Study series too! I've even reserved it at one point but made a change at the last minute. Ahhh. Great list!
    Here's my Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read the first two Sevenwaters books and really need to get around to the rest of the series. I've also been curious about the Lies of Locke Lamora. I did finish the Girl of Fire and Thorns trilogy... really liked those, they hit my political intrigue+kickass heroine soft spot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO many many people choosing Poison Study and basically the entire trilogy! I LOVE this trilogy! I love all Maria's books really! She's my favorite fantasy author and quite possibly my first one too! At least in the "adult" book realm!

    I also adored Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate series! She was my first Steampunk author and I LOVE that series! So very excited for her new spinoff series next month!

    Hope you get to read these reads soon!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Graceling! Oh gosh, I completely forgot about it, I need to read it soon! And I need to read Finnikin of the Rock and The Girl of Fire and Thorns series! I love Poison Study, but the last one was a bit meh if I'm honest. I'm hoping Shadow Study will be epic, though :D Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Knowing what other books you like, I think you would really, really love Graceling and Girl of Fire and Thorns. Hope you get to them soon! I've been meaning to start the Gentleman Bastards series myself. I've heard such amazing things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been hoping to read more fantasy books this year, so I'd love some recommendations! Of these, I've read these three books of the Poison Study series and the Graceling trilogy. I've heard amazing things about Girl of Fire and Thorns and Finnikin of the Rock, so I'll probably end up picking that one up as well sometime! Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to read a couple of these books too LOL!! Here is my Top Ten Tuesday if you wanna check it out :) http://bookbabble.weebly.com/blog/top-ten-tuesday1

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to read all of those two, except from Graceling which I already read (but didn't finish the series yet). Oh god, this TTT is making me realize so many (especially on the fantasy gender) that I need to pick up!

    Deyse @ Bound with Words

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've read the Abhorsen trilogy and loved it! I actually just finished the parasol protectorate books a few days ago and had a lot of fun with them on audio. I have started the curse workers trilogy and need to finish it. All, the others you have listed sound fabulous also!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read any of these yet either. There are several on here that I have REALLY been wanting to read though. I just got the books for The Parasol Protectorate Series. I am looking forward to reading them...eventually. So many books and so little time. Great TTT post!

    ReplyDelete