Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: The Wrath and the Dawm by Renee Ahdieh

A weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: The Wrath and the Dawn
Series: The Wrathe and the Dawn #1
Author: Renee Ahdieh
Published: May 12, 2015 by Putnam Juvenile (Penguin)

Synopsis: A sumptuous and epically told love story inspired by A Thousand and One Nights.  

Every dawn brings horror to a different family in a land ruled by a killer. Khalid, the eighteen-year-old Caliph of Khorasan, takes a new bride each night only to have her executed at sunrise. So it is a suspicious surprise when sixteen-year-old Shahrzad volunteers to marry Khalid. But she does so with a clever plan to stay alive and exact revenge on the Caliph for the murder of her best friend and countless other girls. Shazi's wit and will, indeed, get her through to the dawn that no others have seen, but with a catch . . . she’s falling in love with the very boy who killed her dearest friend. 

She discovers that the murderous boy-king is not all that he seems and neither are the deaths of so many girls. Shazi is determined to uncover the reason for the murders and to break the cycle once and for all 

Why I'm Waiting 

You may know that it is retellings month her on My Thoughts Literally. So I thought this Wednesday I would mention a retelling, and debut, that I am really excited about. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh.

I first heard about this book a few months ago and I almost immediately added it to my TBR pile. It has so many amazing elements that I love in my books. First off it has a strong female character. And a character who puts herself at risk to help others and the greater good. But that's just the tip of the iceberg. It sounds like the main antagonist is a pretty dubious villain, which I love, and I'm so interested in exploring the idea that the MC's perception of things is not as black and white as she initially thought.

And then there is the plot of the book. I'm kind of excited for the tortured love story. I'm not a usually a fan of Romances but this sounds like it will be one I will enjoy. I always enjoy a romance where the characters don't belong together or they fight their attraction, because of the banter. Plus I love a good slowburn and that's what happens when characters start out as enemies. I love the sounds of the main character falling in love with the person she set out to exact revenge on. Speaking of that revenge, that's another element of the story I'm excited about. That plot point sounds really mysterious and intriguing with tons of surprises. I cannot wait!

I was lucky enough to win an ARC of this book in a Twitter giveaway from the author Virginia Boecker (whose debut is another one I'm waiting for) and I cannot wait to read it in May!


What about you? What are you waiting for this Wednesday? Are you waiting for The Wrath and the Dawn with me? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

10 comments:

  1. Hmmm... this one does sound good! I hadn't heard of it before now either, so thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book looks really good. I've been hearing many good things from those who got an ARC of this! Thanks for sharing!
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I'm deeply curious about this one! Sadly Netgalley has it but doesn't have it. Do not understand this new "thing" they got going about offering titles that you can't request. You can request to have a chance to request...makes no sense whatsoever! lol!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, great pick!! And congrats on getting an ARC. I agree with you about the romance here - I think it'll be one that doesn't infuriate me for a change X)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am so waiting for this one, too! Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read this one, too! I love retellings, and this one sounds amazing :) Hope we both love it! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hah, yeah, this one sounds great! I love the original tale, and I can't wait to see how it gets adapted! Excellent pick!!

    Here's My WoW...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I am right there with you I need this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm definitely waiting on this one too! I had no idea it was a retelling tho so that's awesome! Congrats on getting an ARC, I'm definitely jelly! I hope you love it when you get it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am really looking forward to this book too! Congrats on winning an ARC, that is so awesome! I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts! :D

    ReplyDelete