Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday: Invictus by Ryan Graudin


A weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: Invictus
Author: Ryan Graudin
Published: September 26, 2017 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers 

Synopsis: Time flies when you're plundering history. 

Farway Gaius McCarthy was born outside of time. The son of a time-traveling Recorder from 2354 AD and a gladiator living in Rome in 95 AD, Far's birth defies the laws of nature. Exploring history himself is all he's ever wanted, and after failing his final time-traveling exam, Far takes a position commanding a ship with a crew of his friends as part of a black market operation to steal valuables from the past.

But during a heist on the sinking Titanic, Far meets a mysterious girl who always seems to be one step ahead of him. Armed with knowledge that will bring Far's very existence into question, she will lead Far and his team on a race through time to discover a frightening truth: History is not as steady as it seems.

In this heart-stopping adventure, Ryan Graudin has created a fast-paced world that defies time and space.

Why I'm Waiting:

Is this book about time travelling pirates because sign me the ***** up for that.

I mean come on. How amazing does that sound? People travelling through time and going on these crazy heists. I mean it combines so many of my favorite things: time travel, history, heist stories, pirates, thieves. Not to mention it has some mystery vibes to it that I am interested in exploring. I mean really it has it all. That's like all I really needed to put this book on my TBR.

But I also really like Ryan Graudin. I have only read Wolf by Wolf but I seriously loved it. I have been wanting to read more of her books and this is the perfect opportunity. Not only is it a synopsis that has me totally intrigued but it is from an author whose catalog I want to explore.

But the thing I am most excited about for this book is the characterizations. I was definitely impressed with the characters in Wolf by Wolf. They were complex and incredibly likable and so many of them walked that fine line between good and evil. This makes me really excited because when you a have a book about thieves and pirates you want odious types of characters like that. I am so excited to see how Ryan develops them.

I saw a ton of people get copies of this at BEA and I am super excited to see what everyone thinks. I am also really hoping there will be copies of it at ALA so that I can get my greedy hands on a copy.



What about you? What are you waiting for this Wednesday? Are you waiting on Invictus along with me? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

No comments:

Post a Comment