Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Harry Potter Spells Tag




Thank you Tracy from Cornerfolds for tagging me. I love doing tags and of course Harry Potter is an all-time favorite so of course I am excited to do this one. Plus it's the perfect post for today because I'm travelling for the holiday. Okay, here are my answers.

1.) Accio 
An upcoming release you wish you could get your hands on right away
 

A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab - My Review
A Darker Shade of Magic was my favorite book of 2015. It was absolutely brilliant. The world, the characters, the plot... everything. The sequel comes out in a few months but I would like nothing more than to have a copy now.

2.) Alohomora
A favorite series starter



Divergent by Veronica Roth - My Review and The Maze Runner by James Dashner - My Review
So there are so many books on this list that could have been the answer to this question, any one that is a first book consider it an answer. But I'm picking these two because they were my favorites in the series and that never happens to me. I usually don't love first books.

3.) Cheering Charm
A book that gave you warm fuzzies


Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli - My Review
It was embarrassing how giddy this book made me. It was just so freaking adorable and fluffy. I shipped the ship so hard and I loved that it had a message and didn't go overboard with that message. It definitely gave me the warm fuzzies.


4.) Aguamenti
A book that made you ugly cry


The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins - My Review
These book will never not make me cry. Even though I am well aware that the sad things are coming I am still sobbing as if I had no idea. I cry at least twice during each book and I cry during the movies every time too. I still haven't seen Mockingjay Part 2, I'm not emotionally prepared.


5.) Expecto Patronum
A bookish hero or heroine you want around to protect you in real life.


Celaena Sardothian from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas
Who doesn't want a badass female assassin as their patronus. If you don't then honestly I don't think we can be friends. What I love about Celaena too, and the real reason I picked her, is that she has this great sense of justice. She's not just a mindless killing machine.


6.) Lumos
A book you intentionally spoiled for yourself


Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
People got early copies for this book and I saw a minor spoiler for this on twitter accidentally. I had a crazy theory about something related to said spoiler and then when I was about half way in I started to doubt my theory and I was freaking out so I read ahead. I regret nothing.


7.) Imperio
A book you wish you could make everyone read because you love it so much


Bitter Green by Kate Forsyth
I just love this book so much and not as many people have read it as I want. It is just so good you guys. It's not for the faint of heart and it's definitely an adult read but it's so good and a brilliant retelling with so many great plot points and surprises.

8.) Engorgio
A book series you wish never ended


Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
You can never have too much Harry Potter, amiright? With a lot of books I just want the author to give it up but I want all the Harry Potter I can. Prequel? Sequel? Both. All. I just want more.


9.) Wingardium Leviosa
A book with an uplifting message


Dumplin by Julie Murphy
I love the body positivity in this book. But I also really like that it's not always easy. I think no matter what size you are, there are moments of doubt and this book plays on that. But really it's a story about friendship, family, and finding yourself.

10.) Obliviate
A book you wish you could forget you ever read


A Discover of Witches by Deborah Harkness
I'm sorry friends. You probably know that I hate this book. I wish I could wipe my memory for it so that I didn't feel such rage when I think about it. Like I just want to see people talk about it or see copies and not feel such hatred!


11.) Anapneo
An author whose books can always get you out of a slump


Louisa May Alcott
I don't often get book hangovers and I hate admitting when I do but when I do I like to read an old favorite. Rereads are great for restoring my love of reading. Little Women is one of my all-time faves and a book I can just fly through and get all the feels.

12.) Jelly Legs Jinx
A swoonworthy hero or heroine


All the characters in The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, especially Thorne
I'm not really one for swooning but there is just something about the male characters in The Lunar Chronicles that I just love. My personal favorite is probably Thorne because a fantastic lovable rogue and I enjoy the cocky humor but he's also super adorable in Cress and awkward in Winter.

13.) Aresto Momentum
A book that caused you to stop doing all other things until you finished it


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
I don't want to repeat answers but I have to say Deathly Hallows for this one. When this book came out I actually took the day off of work so I could spend the next 36 hours reading because I knew people were going to spoil it for me. I also was read it during a friend's going away party.

14.) Crucio
A book that was painful to read (for whatever reason) or broke you


The Young Elites and frankly The Rose Society by Marie Lu
I mean don't get me wrong, I love this book and this series but wow is it brutal and hard to read. The characters are some of the most brutal and crazy I have ever seen. Not to mention that this is basically a villain origin story but said villain is so sympathetic that you actually want them to be bad

15.) Rictumsempra
A book that had you laughing out loud


Steelheart and Firefight by Brandon Sanderson
The reason I'm saying Steelheart for this one is that despite it being an amazing story about superheroes with some crazy plot twists, it's also so hilarious. I really can't help but laugh out loud at David and his terrible puns. It's such a fun series.

16.) Expelliarmus
A book that made you want to send it (or your ereader) fying


A Dance With Dragons by George R.R. Martin
This is the first book I read which I would describe as giving me "Shaken Book Syndrome." It was amazing and so many crazy plot twists were happening but because of that I wanted to shake the book, throw it out the window, and/or rip it in half. The cliffhangers man, the cliffhangers!

17.) Portus
Bookish world you wish to visit


Mademoiselle Geraldine's Finishing School for Young Women of Quality in the Finishing School series by Gail Carriger
I just finished this series and I have to say that I just absolutely love the world. Not only is it a fun Victorian steampunk world but it's also a really cool boarding school for female spies. Steampunk boarding school where you learn about espionage on a giant dirigible. Sign me up!

18.) Stupefy
A book with a shocking twist or ending


These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
I just reread this one and it didn't blow my mind any less the second time around. Plus it didn't punch me in the feels any less than the first time around. The twist in this book is just so shocking it will never not be crazy in my mind.

19.) Avada Kedavra
A character death that destroyed you


The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson
CANNOT EXPLAIN OR I WILL BURST INTO TEARS. *bursts into tears anyway*

20.) Finite Incantatem
Best series conclusion


The Magicians Land by Lev Grossman
No necessarily my most favorite series ender but in the interest of not repeating (all the series enders I have listed are fantastic) but I did feel like this was just the perfect ending for this series. It ended things in a great way and kept to the spirit of the first few books.

Tagging

Okay, so I'm not going to really tag anyone. I never know who has done tags or who likes tag posts. I will instead tag anyone who is a member of my house, Ravencalw. So if you're a Ravenclaw then consider yourself tagged. And if you want to do this tag, you should totally do it. It's really fun and the questions are kind of difficult.

That's all I got for today. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE your answers!!! This is an awesome tag, I may have to do it myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. About Calaena: AGREED! I too wish Harry Potter had never ended!

    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Bookish Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun tag! And I have to agree with a lot of your answers!! Celaena kick arse indeed!! And more Harry Potter everytime all the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great tag! I think I'll do it for December because the closer we get to Christmas, the more I feel that Harry Potter is an appropriate subject to obsess about. I wish I had my hands on A Gathering of Shadows too, I need to find time for a reread of A Darker Shade of Magic before its release. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous tag. So tempted to do it. :D

    A Gathering of Shadows is a greatttttt choice for Accio. Victoria Schwab always write amazing books. I love that you can't do this without having a Harry Potter book as your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. using Harry Potter themes to promote more good books? I LOVE this combo!!

    http://sarahsbookishblog.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete