Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Villain Origin Stories I Want to See

A weekly meme by The Broke and the Bookish

So I recently started my reread of The Young Elites to prepare for The Midnight Star (I'M NOT READY!) so I am super focused on villains and villain origin stories which is perfect looking at this week's prompt. I definitely love TYE because it's all about Adelina's descent into madness and villainy. I want that more. I want more how they became evil stories. 

1.) Mrs. Coulter in the His Dark Materials trilogy - My Review
Mrs. Coulter recently became my favorite literary villain after rereading this series last winter. She's so freaking devious and one of the great things about her is that she thinks she's doing the right thing. I want to know why she thinks that.

2.) Severus Snape in the Harry Potter series
I don't really consider Snape to be a villain, but I kind of want a Snape villain story. I want to see more teenage Snape because that means more Marauders. But I also want to see Snape as a Death Eater stuff. 

3.) The Darkling in the Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo - My Review
I am not one of those Team Darkling people. I like him, I think he's a very compelling villain, but dudes he is the villain. Anyway I'd love to learn more about him and how he got to be The Darkling we know today. Added bonus of seeing a younger Baghra who I love.

4.) The Thirteen in the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas - My Review
Okay so I don't consider the Thirteen to be villains but I want to see an origin story of them so badly. And I think you could argue that if we had a story of them and the witch wars time period then like maybe it's be a little villainous.

5.) President Snow in The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
President Snow is a really amazing villain. I'd kind of love to see a young Snow and his rise to power. Like imagine seeing the rebellion of the districts which lead to the first Hunger Games. Oh man, am I the only person who wants that real bad?

6.) Jaxon Hall in The Bone Season series by Samantha Shannon - My Review
If you have read The Mime Order then you absolutely know the kind of villain origin story I want about Jaxon. But in general I find Jax super fascinating because he's not wholey bad and that always makes for a good villain story.
Honorable mention to Nashira Sargas

6.) The Commandant in the An Ember in the Ashes series by Sabaa Tahir - My Review
And here is someone that I think is in fact wholy evil. The Commandant is one of the most devious villains I have ever seen and I kind of want to know why or should I say how she got to be that way. WHO HURT YOU?!?!

8.) The Chandrian in The Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss - My Review
I mean I know we can't talk about The Chandrian or else you know, bad stuff, but I want to know about these super mysterious figures in this world. I hope when we finally get the final book in this series we learn a ton more about them,

9.) Littlefinger in the A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin - My Review
I mean it's hard to call anyone a villain in this series. Everyone is terrible and also fantastic. But I kind of want to see more of Littlefinger's perspective. What's his endgame. He's one of the biggest schemers in this world and we aren't in his head. I bet it's scary in there.

10.) Ati in the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson - My Review
Mistborn spoilers ahead... We've gotten some peaks into Ati aka Ruin in the Mistborn trilogy but I want more. I want to see Ati and Leras creating the world but from Ati's perspective. Oh man, that would be such a fascinating book.

There you have it, the villains whose origin stories I would like to see. What villains do you want to learn more about? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

9 comments:

  1. Yes, I would love to see a Jaxon story!!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such good, I mean evil, choices!
    My TTT!
    Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg yes to Snape and The Darkling!!! I would LOVE those. Excellent picks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man Littlefinger is the best because he is the WORST. Mrs. Coulter made my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snape is totally a villain!! I love Alan Rickman's portrayal of him, but UGHHH book Snape I want to punch. I'd love any Hunger Games backstories... especially people from the Capital!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOoh The Darkling origin story!! And the Commandant too!! Great picks!!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Darkling or Coulter story would be awesome! More Leigh Bardugo is always perfect, and His Dark Materials is one of my favorites of all time. I have the strongest urge to reread it now. (I'm also reminded I need to read Mistborn...) I definitely agree on Littlefinger. He's such a fascinating character, narcissistic and manipulative but strangely vulnerable. I want to see littleLittlefinger crushing on Cat.

    C.J.
    Sarcasm & Lemons

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to see an origin story of the Thirteen!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/10/05/top-ten-tuesday-77/

    ReplyDelete
  9. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! I'd love to have a book or more than one all about the Thirteen!! MORE WITCHES YES PLEASE!!!

    ReplyDelete