Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken

A weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine

Title: Wayfarer
Series: Passenger #2
Author: Alexandra Bracken
Published: January 3, 2016 by Disney-Hyperion

Synopsis: All Etta Spencer wanted was to make her violin debut when she was thrust into a treacherous world where the struggle for power could alter history. After losing the one thing that would have allowed her to protect the Timeline, and the one person worth fighting for, Etta awakens alone in an unknown place and time, exposed to the threat of the two groups who would rather see her dead than succeed. When help arrives, it comes from the last person Etta ever expected—Julian Ironwood, the Grand Master’s heir who has long been presumed dead, and whose dangerous alliance with a man from Etta’s past could put them both at risk.

Meanwhile, Nicholas and Sophia are racing through time in order to locate Etta and the missing astrolabe with Ironwood travelers hot on their trail. They cross paths with a mercenary-for-hire, a cheeky girl named Li Min who quickly develops a flirtation with Sophia. But as the three of them attempt to evade their pursuers, Nicholas soon realizes that one of his companions may have ulterior motives.

As Etta and Nicholas fight to make their way back to one another, from Imperial Russia to the Vatican catacombs, time is rapidly shifting and changing into something unrecognizable… and might just run out on both of them.

Why I'm Waiting 

I'm a big fan of Alex's books. The Darkest Minds is one of my favorite YA dystopias and I loved Passenger. It was one of my most anticipated books of 2016 and I read it as it came out and really liked it. It was a bit slow, yes, but when it did pick it up wow, it was really good. So obviously I can't wait to find out what happens next.

But in particular, I can't wait to find out what happens next because of the way Passenger ended. I did not think I was that emotionally attached to this book and these characters until that ending hit and then I was reeling. I am anxiously awaiting finding out what happens to these characters and how they "make things right."

But I am also really excited to see where this book takes us. It's one of those time travel books, I think, that pays close attention to the historical elements of the story. I'm excited to see what new locations and time periods that it takes us too. And if the artwork for the Wayfarer pre-order deal is any indication, it's going to be cool.

I of course have a copy of this book preordered. I'm really excited to read it after the holidays, hunkering down and getting back to normal. Normal being not leaving my house and just reading.


What about you? What are you waiting for this Wednesday? Are you waiting on Wayfarer along with me? Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

6 comments:

  1. I'm unfamiliar with Wayfarer and its premise. Loving the cover and the synopsis though. Thanks for sharing it and hope you enjoy it! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! This book needs to hurry up already and make its way into my grabby hands! I cannot wait to find out what happens next in this story. I hope that we both enjoy it! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't read Passenger yet - but I am typically okay with more slowly paced books. So I should probably get on that - I always hear such great things about Alex Bracken!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh nice! I can't wait for this one either! I really liked Passenger and eager to see how it all ends!!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, I can't wait to read this book! Passenger was amazing! I really liked Bracken's other books - her TDM trilogy, and Brightly Woven. I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was my WOW pick a few weeks ago. Passenger was so good. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete